Just a friendly reminder - drive the speed limit, don't go above.

*****cleared*****

Our drop boxes switch over as soon as we open then or within a certain amount of time after the ready time regardless if we are there 4 hours after the ready time. Our manager gets really mad at us if we are sitting and waiting for drop boxes to be ready so we get screwed no matter what way we go. Also, our dispatch and the manager we are allowed to open the drop boxes early but we cannot leave until after the ready time. If we close out of the Dropbox before the ready time then yes, we have to go back to the drop box and clear it off the powerpad.

MassWineGuy

If I sat in one place for 20 minutes I'd definitely hear about it from my manager. If I'm running way ahead of ready times I ask dispatch via the Powerpad what I should do. This documents my request in case anyone questions me later.

Purplepackage

If I sat in one place for 20 minutes I'd definitely hear about it from my manager. If I'm running way ahead of ready times I ask dispatch via the Powerpad what I should do. This documents my request in case anyone questions me later.

You're running pick ups I can't even imagine what dispatch would tell you to do, sorry but if I'm 20 minutes ahead of my box there is no way I'm driving 20 minutes to someone else's area to sweep a box for them. Unless pick ups are being done late I've never once heard of someone getting talked to for gaps during pups, they happen naturally it's not like having 20 minute gaps during deliveries.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You're running pick ups I can't even imagine what dispatch would tell you to do, sorry but if I'm 20 minutes ahead of my box there is no way I'm driving 20 minutes to someone else's area to sweep a box for them. Unless pick ups are being done late I've never once heard of someone getting talked to for gaps during pups, they happen naturally it's not like having 20 minute gaps during deliveries.

When I was a cover driver I would get out on a PM route that was the easiest ever! Sometimes I would have a gap of 1-1 1/2 hours. Dispatch would try to send me to an area next to mine. Uh no. By the time I sat in traffic going to and from the route, it would screw my route up. That's just the way the route is. Some days I would run my butt off, other days, play on my phone for 90 minutes. Management gave up whining to me about down time. Lol.

l22

Hear about it from your manager then - you did the right thing asking dispatch what you should do. That covers you and shows that you took the extra step of telling dispatch that you had extra time - something they themselves can see. The user overflowed previously recommended getting a newspaper. I also recommend bringing a newspaper along, or an Ipod, book, chair you can sit outside of the truck in, or just sit in the truck and think about your short and long-term goals lol - I do the last one a lot!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When I was a cover driver I would get out on a PM route that was the easiest ever! Sometimes I would have a gap of 1-1 1/2 hours. Dispatch would try to send me to an area next to mine. Uh no. By the time I sat in traffic going to and from the route, it would screw my route up. That's just the way the route is. Some days I would run my butt off, other days, play on my phone for 90 minutes. Management gave up whining to me about down time. Lol.

Smart. Helping out kills you 2 ways. One, it makes your numbers look bad if it's your regular route (not the cover situation you describe). Second, once you volunteer, you get to be the "go to" hero whenever the neighboring route is in trouble.

!Retired!

I got caught speeding in a minivan rental during FO's last week by a camera :(. No defense, no points off my license, but I did get a letter.

State Law says they have 90 days to issue the ticket if it's not paid. I figured, take the hit and move on.

Stupid? Yes. I bet I wasn't the only one. I was driving the same speed as the traffic flow.

Last edited:

!Retired!

Did this once time and the rookie driver told me to friend'off and mind my business.
I was off one day and a driver came to the end of my cul-de-sac and whipped around way to fast. I found the driver the next day and told him we have small children that play on the street and to be careful and please slow it down. He tried reminding me what it's like to try making service without speeding. I reminded him he would have more problems than having lates if a kid ran out from between 2 cars and he hit them. He was cool about it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Reports are automatically generated identifying this.

I've delivered scores of packages with barcodes that couldn't be scanned. Never heard a word about it or about any reports (automatic or otherwise) pertaining to them.

Where in the system do you find the report?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've delivered scores of packages with barcodes that couldn't be scanned. Never heard a word about it or about any reports (automatic or otherwise) pertaining to them.

There IS a report for manual entries. Don't know what the number is though.

Purplepackage

I got caught speeding in a minivan rental during FO's last week by a camera :(. No defense, no points off my license, but I did get a letter.

State Law says they have 90 days to issue the ticket if it's not paid. I figured, take the hit and move on.

Stupid? Yes. I bet I wasn't the only one. I was driving the same speed as the traffic flow.

If you were driving the same speed as traffic flow than how did the camera pick you out?

Was it a red light camera and your just leaving out that you also ran a red light

dex 84

No sweeps permitted in our district.

Doesn't mean you can't pup everything on a manual airbill in every box you can get to during the time you have to kill and then back out of the pickups so then when you go back all you have to do is scan Astras. Doesn't get rid of the gap but it does let you finish the boxes faster once their ready times roll around.

whenIgetthere

We had a guy a few years ago who had all the DB labels in the back of his truck. He eventually got fired for falsification when he got caught. The labels were in plain sight on his bulkhead, so any manager would have known if they'd looked.