Just a question: what would it take to vote yes?

gotbrown

what is a realistic / satisfactory compromise? Do you think the negotiators could do better? Do you think you could do better?
For months we have been speculating (maybe a little still) but people were saying what they would vote for:::
.2 tier pay scale for ft / as long as my benefits dont increase and raise / thankfully non issue
.just happy we don't pay for benefits / done
.raise for pt/ done but not to every ones liking
.raise starting pt /done but now we worry new guy gets paid more than me or same as
.raise ft/ done
.same as current contract /done, better
.take pay off to sellout future ft for 2 tier pay scale /non issue

these are just what some have said here and around the center // i can see why the negotiators think this is good and fair..I can see why some think no way. But whats really fair?

balland chain

what is a realistic / satisfactory compromise? Do you think the negotiators could do better? Do you think you could do better?
For months we have been speculating (maybe a little still) but people were saying what they would vote for:::
.2 tier pay scale for ft / as long as my benefits dont increase and raise / thankfully non issue
.just happy we don't pay for benefits / done
.raise starting pt /done but now we worry new guy gets paid more than me or same as
.raise ft/ done

these are just what some have said here and around the center // i can see why the negotiators think this is good and fair..I can see why some think no way. But whats really fair?
For a yes vote from me, I want decent health care.. I know it is out there because I have read many post from my UPS brothers talking about their health care. CS sucks, and an increase in the pension so we down south get equal or close to equal to what others who do the same work get... !!!!!

rudy5150

the current contract is better than this garbage.. All part timers need a fair bump in pay $2 raise would be a good starting point! and why would we agree to co pays and deductables? RECORD PROFITS!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You already got a Yes vote ... all it takes is 50% + 1 vote.

Low side 60% YES
High side 80% YES

And this is the Teamsters so Hoffa and Hall already have 50% + 1 before the first vote is counted!

InsideUPS

.just happy we don't pay for benefits / done (how do we know this?)
.raise ft/ done

GotBrown.......VERY simple for me.....

IF our healthcare benefits are the SAME or BETTER.... as we receive NOW...CURRENT CONTRACT (BOTH RETIREE and EXISTING)......THEN I will most likely vote YES... I DO NOT BELIEVE that this will be the case however UNDER CENTRAL STATES...

I want to see a complete and comprehensive SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS BEFORE I VOTE....... NO SPIN...NO BS...

InsideUPS

I haven't seen one thing mentioned about technology or harassment language. I'll be voting NO and advising our entire building to do the same unless I see those changes.

Griff......isn't it amazing how some people will vote YES without reading and understanding all the contract language in our "TENTATIVE AGREEMENT"?..

stink219

I haven't seen one thing mentioned about technology or harassment language. I'll be voting NO and advising our entire building to do the same unless I see those changes.
What changes are you looking for specifically? Do you know why you haven't heard anything about it? Do you know how our contract negotiations work? Based on your post, it sounds like you have already made up your mind to vote no regardless.

stink219

Good post GB! I heard this the other day. This one kills me. I've said from day one, the current part timers are wasting time and resources for fighting a starting wage. It's wasted money. Their fight should have been more in raises but a faster progression. Now the current guys are complaining? Christ!

Inthegame

Griff......isn't it amazing how some people will vote YES without reading and understanding all the contract language in our "TENTATIVE AGREEMENT"?..
Inside...isn't it amazing how some people will vote NO without having the ability to read or comprehend any of the contract language in the Tentative Agreement. This is lights out better than anything negotiated anywhere since the last horrible agreement hall masterfully crafted! You guys are looney.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Inside...isn't it amazing how some people will vote NO without having the ability to read or comprehend any of the contract language in the Tentative Agreement. This is lights out better than anything negotiated anywhere since the last horrible agreement hall masterfully crafted! You guys are looney.

... isn't it amazing how some people will vote YES without having the ability to read or comprehend any of the contract language in the Tentative Agreement?

Griff

Look to my avatar for the answer.

OHLLHH MAAA GADD PHREEE HEALTHKARRRR. sign on the X________

Meanwhile.....

Article 69 -- Technology
a. the company can continue to overly supervise and harass all bargaining unit employees on the myriad of pointless reports that print out every morning in an effort to justify middle managements over staffed existence.
b. information received through telematics can be used to discipline up to and including discharge.

This healthcare crap was nothing more than a weak bluff.

rudy5150

Part timers get a lowsy .70 raise in august and have higher co pays and deductables. Great job union! part timers sold out again!

A

anonymous6

You already got a Yes vote ... all it takes is 50% + 1 vote.

Low side 60% YES
High side 80% YES

And this is the Teamsters so Hoffa and Hall already have 50% + 1 before the first vote is counted!

your 80% is accurate TODAY. the euphoria of a handshake deal is there right now but as soon the details trickle out that number will go down in the sixties. i agree with you that it will pass. it's a shame. our family is gonna have to tighten our belts due to inflation.

food has skyrocketed around here and is never gonna go down. gas will be over $5 soon. we will be in another war with IRAN , ( my son in law just got deployed in the area )

economics is my major. many co-workers come to me for tax and financial advice.

the numbers the Teamsters are giving us does not make sense in light of UPS's record profits. i'm voting NO>

gotbrown

GotBrown.......VERY simple for me.....

IF our healthcare benefits are the SAME or BETTER.... as we receive NOW...CURRENT CONTRACT (BOTH RETIREE and EXISTING)......THEN I will most likely vote YES... I DO NOT BELIEVE that this will be the case however UNDER CENTRAL STATES...

I want to see a complete and comprehensive SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS BEFORE I VOTE....... NO SPIN...NO BS...
My mistake on the health benefits wording ( we have to see the details) I believe in what you say here, but thats just it we can't have everything we want, it never happens.. So what will you tell your local you want to give back? PT raises ? FT raises ? strike?..

Inthegame

your 80% is accurate TODAY. the euphoria of a handshake deal is there right now but as soon the details trickle out that number will go down in the sixties. i agree with you that it will pass. it's a shame. our family is gonna have to tighten our belts due to inflation.

food has skyrocketed around here and is never gonna go down. gas will be over $5 soon. we will be in another war with IRAN , ( my son in law just got deployed in the area )

economics is my major. many co-workers come to me for tax and financial advice.

the numbers the Teamsters are giving us does not make sense in light of UPS's record profits. i'm voting NO>
I believe as more details are released, reasonable folks will accept this offer hands down. But just for fun, how much would you be willing to lower your wage/benefits if UPS had negative growth?