just a quick question, prob simple answer

NeedArealJob

I've been working at ups since Nov 14, 2011, I was a seasonal hire. I was kept after busy season. Issued a rehire date of January 3, 2012.

My question is when am I able to receive my 1$ raise in pay. I'm currently at 9.50/hr. I was told that after three months of work, (90 days) I would receive this and I have currently not. Does my seasonal work not count toward the 90days?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've been working at ups since Nov 14, 2011, I was a seasonal hire. I was kept after busy season. Issued a rehire date of January 3, 2012.

My question is when am I able to receive my 1$ raise in pay. I'm currently at 9.50/hr. I was told that after three months of work, (90 days) I would receive this and I have currently not. Does my seasonal work not count toward the 90days?

Seasonal days worked do not count.
Which days do count and over what period of time varies from one local to the next.
Best bet is to contact your local and get local language.

NeedArealJob

when you say..

Which days do count and over what period of time varies from one local to the next.
Best bet is to contact your local and get local language.[/QUOTE]

When you say your local what do you mean? I've asked two supervisors at work and neither of them had an answer. Would the union be able to answer this?

Southwestern

Re: when you say..

When you say your local what do you mean? I've asked two supervisors at work and neither of them had an answer. Would the union be able to answer this?

By referring to your local, he's referring to your union.

No, days worked as a seasonal employee do not count as you were temporarily employed.

NeedArealJob

By referring to your local, he's referring to your union.

No, days worked as a seasonal employee do not count as you were temporarily employed.[/QUOTE]

Got cha, welp they surely count towards the 250.00 initiation fee..that's for sure. O well not surprised. Thanks been curious awhile.

UPSGUY72

Best bet is to contact your local and get local language.

In areas covered under the New England Supplement they DO.

New England Supplement

Article 57

Section 4

(h) Employees hired for temporary job openings from October 1 through Dec 31 will not accrue seniority during that period and such job openings will not be posted for bid during that period. If returned to work within sixty (60) days after that period, they shall be placed on the seniority list with credit back to their employment dates, provided they have met all other requirements for seniority.

UPSGUY72

You need to get a copy of the contract specifically your area local rider or supplement and read the section under seniority and see what it says if you fall under the New England supplement your seniority should be the first day you started which would be Nov 14, 2011.

NeedArealJob

You need to get a copy of the contract specifically your area local rider or supplement and read the section under seniority and see what it says if you fall under the New England supplement your seniority should be the first day you started which would be Nov 14, 2011.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will do. I'm actually in Colorado. But thanks ill def do my research.

JonFrum

Normally, you are hired at $8.50 per hour and get a dollar raise after 90 days to $9.50, so maybe you already got your dollar raise.

Or are you getting an extra dollar by being on the Sorter/Preloader Payscale?

Or maybe your building just starts everyone at $9.50 to reduce turnover.

NeedArealJob

Normally, you are hired at $8.50 per hour and get a dollar raise after 90 days to $9.50, so maybe you already got your dollar raise.

Or are you getting an extra dollar by being on the Sorter/Preloader Payscale?

Or maybe your building just starts everyone at $9.50 to reduce turnover.[/QUOTE]

Everyone at the facility here started at 9.50. But now I'm curious to see if my seasonal counts. I guess it doesn't since I've been there over 90days. I almost feel like that's not right...more labor out of me for a cheaper rate.

NeedArealJob

When we say working days do weekends count?? Lol so confused.

If weekends don't count and my.seasonal work doesn't count that's a long wait.

JonFrum

If everyone in your building starts at $9.50, it will be interesting to see if you even get a dollar raise after 90 days. I'm guessing you wont since you already got it. Just fifty cents after completing one year.

Welcome to UPS.

Welcome to the Teamsters.

NeedArealJob

JonFrum:947741 said:
If everyone in your building starts at $9.50, it will be interesting to see if you even get a dollar raise after 90 days. I'm guessing you wont since you already got it. Just fifty cents after completing one year.

Welcome to UPS.

Welcome to the Teamsters.

Lol yea, well thanks for the dose of reality. No offense but I hope your wrong ...though you sound as if you know a thing or two...Haha. I doubt ill be here a year though.

Where can I post stuff and vent about being overlooked for a supervisor pos that was open? Lol

whiskers

Right here is a good of a place as any.

You doubt you'll be here a year? With that attitude you are exactly right.

NeedArealJob

whiskers:947746 said:
Right here is a good of a place as any.

You doubt you'll be here a year? With that attitude you are exactly right.

Yea...your exactly right...why on earth would I aspire to scan packages for a year?? Lol live your dream...and stay out of mine.

Unless you mean moving up and on to better things? Well then thanks in advance

whiskers

It's honest and hard work that few can do day in and day out. Keep that smart mouth flappin and I'm sure they won't pass you up on the next supervisor job.