Just a scenario. What could happen?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bigmistake, Aug 12, 2012.

1. bigmistake

bigmistake Member

A particular customer was abusive towards you. You act professionally. Later, lets say 3 days later you happen to run into this same customer while you're on your own time and off the clock. Words are exchanged and punches are thrown. What could actually happen?
  2. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

I think the audience will need a few more details. As the scenario stands, it all depends on who kicked who's butt !
  3. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

If you lose the fight nothing but ego. If you throw first assault charges on you. If you win then it's his ego.
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Don't deliver to that house anymore.
  5. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

Walk away...
  6. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

Anything that happenned off the clock is usually not subject to discipline, however, UPS probably will(and should) act on this proactively for the company's future relationship with this customer. As much as I feel like your time off the clock is none of UPS business, I have to ask what the hell were you thinking? You lost your cool in a situation that you are very aware could potentially have an affect on your future ability to make a living for your family and yourself. I am very much the type of person that will not take :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: off anyone, but Getting into a fight with a customer, on or off the clock, is just plain stupid!!
  7. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Your character becomes less than a potential for excellence and a man of peace.

Forgive, unforgiveness eats at one like a cancer, it eats your soul and heart.

I am not there yet, but I know.... I strive to practice this, and let the male macho ego die.

8. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

So what happened?
  9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Perhaps you should have asked yourself that before it happened? People have been killed over a lot less, I hope you don't have anyone at home depending on you. Best case scenerio from this is you learn a lesson in acting like an adult. Children react over emotion, adults think it through and understand consequences of actions before acting on them.
  10. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

A lot could happen. Do not let it get that far in the first place.
  11. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

I think your username answers the question.
  12. jeffpatterson

jeffpatterson Member

Adults dont get into fist fights
  13. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Yeah well, I guess I shouldnt , never mind.
  14. ismaili

ismaili New Member

I would walk away. most of UPS customers are nice,
  15. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Adults don't START fist fights. Sometimes they have to finish them.
  16. uber

uber Guest

Oh, here comes the moral authority again....

I swear, every post I read from you is one in which you act as some sort of moral compass.
  17. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

The customer could complain to ups that they don't want you in there again. Ups in turn could kick you off your route and you could grieve it and maybe lose. The customer could also file a restraining order against you with the same possible outcome. Don't :censored2: where you eat
  18. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

Sorry you feel that way. Unintentional. I do have opinions, and this was an opinion request.
  19. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

i had a diff scenario, but same basic principle. Had a friend who lived on my route whos neighborhood had a big yearly xmas party. Had a goog time with all, fun night, except for one :censored2:. I was patient with his insults all nite but he made the mistake of being a pr!ck to my wife I broke my pinky on his face and knocked him unconscious.. never heard a word from him again. Dr'd stuff since at his house and seen him doing yardwork but he ignores me
  20. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

:knockedout:I would walk away find upstate nyers phone number call him get him to come down and be the refferee and knock out the reff:happy-very: just joking