Just became part-time supervisor. Have some questions.

ok so im going to try to answer all your questions as best as i can

1) your 401k runs on its own with automatic put in every check and every year it goes up a bit more based on what you decided to put in, i currently have mine set on auto drive :)

2) i dont know if you have a wife or kids but im single and i pay 20 bucks a week (ya and i got employees who say they wont pay 3 a week if it comes to it lol)
that 20 bucks a week gets me kaiser with a 15 co pay and dental but its not as good insurance as union by far lol i just went to the dentist and i ended up paying 415 after my insurance covered the rest.

3) becoming a driver is kinda a lie they tell you to not make you hate the fact that your a supervisor now lol i have never seen it happen because and dont see it happening in the future because ya it is said its 5 to 1 union and maybe supervisor promotion for driving but they could just skip us and how are we to know or do anything about it if we did know.....

4)as for your yearly raise yes it is based on your numbers but again that is kinda a false statement because they numbers they want you to hit are based on a 100% effective MSD that is that term they use to show how effective your employees are.....and that is 50% your raise the other 50% is the information your FT sup puts in so be sure of 2 things A-your good with your FT super and B-He is on his :censored2: because if he does not update his QPR for you it will show up negative for you, i know this because my first FT super was lazy and didnt do my QPR and i only got a 10 cent raise that year.....yes i said 10 cents....but even the year after that i got all my info in and my new FT super put in good words for me and i only got a 45 cent raise....so dont expect to be getting union like raises of 85 cents

and i think you should still be new so i will give you this advice, when you get new employees train them good and put them with your experienced good employees that care more about UPS as a team then being a union member.....you never want a new hire being told "the harder you work the harder they make you work" or "you dont get paid per box".....learn your area who you can help with training and who is just lazy, there is a lot of good workers at ups you just need to motivate them and find out how to get them to see ups the way you do....oh and always work safe :)

Dragon

Package Center Manager

1) your 401k runs on its own with automatic put in every check and every year it goes up a bit more based on what you decided to put in, i currently have mine set on auto drive :)

2) i dont know if you have a wife or kids but im single and i pay 20 bucks a week (ya and i got employees who say they wont pay 3 a week if it comes to it lol)
that 20 bucks a week gets me kaiser with a 15 co pay and dental but its not as good insurance as union by far lol i just went to the dentist and i ended up paying 415 after my insurance covered the rest.

3) becoming a driver is kinda a lie they tell you to not make you hate the fact that your a supervisor now lol i have never seen it happen because and dont see it happening in the future because ya it is said its 5 to 1 union and maybe supervisor promotion for driving but they could just skip us and how are we to know or do anything about it if we did know.....

4)as for your yearly raise yes it is based on your numbers but again that is kinda a false statement because they numbers they want you to hit are based on a 100% effective MSD that is that term they use to show how effective your employees are.....and that is 50% your raise the other 50% is the information your FT sup puts in so be sure of 2 things A-your good with your FT super and B-He is on his :censored2: because if he does not update his QPR for you it will show up negative for you, i know this because my first FT super was lazy and didnt do my QPR and i only got a 10 cent raise that year.....yes i said 10 cents....but even the year after that i got all my info in and my new FT super put in good words for me and i only got a 45 cent raise....so dont expect to be getting union like raises of 85 cents

and i think you should still be new so i will give you this advice, when you get new employees train them good and put them with your experienced good employees that care more about UPS as a team then being a union member.....you never want a new hire being told "the harder you work the harder they make you work" or "you dont get paid per box".....learn your area who you can help with training and who is just lazy, there is a lot of good workers at ups you just need to motivate them and find out how to get them to see ups the way you do....oh and always work safe :)

Man, what a breath of fresh air....

RolloTony Brown Town

I love that last paragraph. Peak season can make or break your entire next year. If you train a couple of really good seasonal employees and your FT'er pushes to keep those guys, then 10-30% of your individual staffing could improve. At least this was the case where I come from (40k hub).

As far as driving is concerned, it is a bit of a pipe dream but if you work hard, and have a good relationship with each of your bosses (coordinator, sort/center manager, division manager), and let it be known that those are your goals then it can happen. It won't happen over night though and you still have to be one of the best at your job to get there, or anywhere. As a pt supervisor, I always strived to hit my goals and if the job became too easy then I talked to someone about being rotated. Never be afraid to ask your coordinator or manager what they want to see done/changed and then go make it happen. You'd be surprised how much can happen when you get your bosses pulling for you.

Sent using BrownCafe App