Just flashed on CNBC about UPS

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Just because they are hired doesnt mean they will work. I always love the 59 min helper rule. "Now dont let them work over 59. Per corporate". Poor kids drive 45 min to meet me and help for $6 after taxes. Yeah its going to be a ruff one.

PT Car Washer

I never get a helper. If I did get a hot one I'd politely request another one the next day.
Send her my way. Had a young one last year that worked like a mule and could deliver business by herself after a couple days. I just drove the truck and helped carry boxes in when needed. Even when we had a cold snap that brought temps down to zero and all the other helpers called in she would still show up.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not so fast. By law, we can only "operate the vehicle" for so many hours in a week. No limit to how many hours in a week we can sit in the jump seat. Saw it happen several times in our center during last year's disastrous peak. When you run out of hours, they find a driver or DOT qualified management person who "claims" to have several hours left, and you instantly become a driver's helper with full method / DIAD and area knowledge Worst case I know of last peak, a driver was out past 2am! with a supervisor as the driver.

Not legally.

Who told you that ?

Drive the truck or sit in the jump seat, it's still "on duty" time.

-Bug-

govols019

You smell that?
Not legally.

Who told you that ?

Drive the truck or sit in the jump seat, it's still "on duty" time.

-Bug-

The person you quoted is correct. As long as you are not driving past the 14th hour, 16th hour one day a week, you can work as long as necessary. You just have to have 10hrs between punches.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not so fast. By law, we can only "operate the vehicle" for so many hours in a week. No limit to how many hours in a week we can sit in the jump seat. Saw it happen several times in our center during last year's disastrous peak. When you run out of hours, they find a driver or DOT qualified management person who "claims" to have several hours left, and you instantly become a driver's helper with full method / DIAD and area knowledge Worst case I know of last peak, a driver was out past 2am! with a supervisor as the driver.
That's why you say no and punch out. They cant make you do that anyway. 60 hours and im done see you dumb fu kerz on Monday lol.

That's why you say no and punch out. They cant make you do that anyway. 60 hours and im done see you dumb fu kerz on Monday lol.
c7zvo.jpeg

annie345

Its supposed to be punch in to punch out.. 14 hrs on 10 off. When our drivers come in to do preload work they can't work unless they have their 10 hrs off and if they come in at 4am they have to be off by 6pm.