Just for Salesguy (so you dont get confused there big guy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike23

If the place is in a resi zone then it's likely resi. It depends on how the city has the place zoned as. If it's an actual business then the driver can't DR packages and MUST be there before 1700. If it's a house in a resi zone (which is zoned by the city) then it should be treated as a resi since the city says it's a resi.

If it IS zoned as commercial then call the 800 num and yell at them. Tell them if it doesn't get here by 1800 then you'll switch to FedEx. Usually idle threats (or not idle) gets the sups to breath down the neck of that driver to get the delivery done properly. If he did it right then he wouldn't need management breathing down his neck at all. Not to mention if he's not getting in poop for 'misses' with this commercial stop he's likely sheeting it as resi so it doesn't show up the next morning as a 'miss'.

If there's someone that disagrees with this, feel free to, it's just my opinion.

klein

Für Meno :)
Dilli, perhaps the regular driver has developed a relationship with the shop owner that since the owner has his hands in grease or machinery, the regular driver just tells him what they are delivering, where they put the packages, and makes the mark on the diad for the owner, speeding things up and pleasing the owner that doesn't have to stop his business to take care of ours. It's just a guess.

I agree. I basically Dr'd some buisnesses because of that. Hairsalons esspecially. Only one working, maybe 2 employees... and washing hair.
I knew where they wanted the packages, told them to have a great day, etc.
Moneymart was another one. Diad won't fit thru the cashier window. What do you do there ? They do have a 2 door safe room... but that doesn't work well, since the diad at most times will cut out, and can't get a sig anyways. I left packages inbetween the safe doors,, not my diad ! Got her last name, thats it.

Re-Raise

I just ordered some chemicals for my pool. They were sent Fed Ex I assume ground or Fed Ex home delivery what ever the difference is. They said I would have them Saturday. They didn't arrive and they didn't come Monday either. I called to check and they said FedEx ground doesn't deliver on Mondays Did anyone else know this? They don't deliver ground on Mondays?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I just ordered some chemicals for my pool. They were sent Fed Ex I assume ground or Fed Ex home delivery what ever the difference is. They said I would have them Saturday. They didn't arrive and they didn't come Monday either. I called to check and they said FedEx ground doesn't deliver on Mondays Did anyone else know this? They don't deliver ground on Mondays?

Fedex ground Mon-Fri. Fedex Home Delivery Tues-Sat.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
home delivery also doesn't deliver any packages over 70 lbs....

the residential surcharge is 2.40 for ground, 2.05 for home delivery.

the more you know!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli, perhaps the regular driver has developed a relationship with the shop owner that since the owner has his hands in grease or machinery, the regular driver just tells him what they are delivering, where they put the packages, and makes the mark on the diad for the owner, speeding things up and pleasing the owner that doesn't have to stop his business to take care of ours. It's just a guess.
It is probably a good guess Dusty. But I have a problem with this if it is true. I can be fired for doing this. This is another one of those 'good ol boy' scenarios (if this is actually what the case is). Personally I think it friend* sucks. There are those that get away with doing whatever they want to, in any way they want to, and are never held accountable for their actions. However this does not apply to me. (assuming this is the case) :angry::angry::angry:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree. I basically Dr'd some buisnesses because of that. Hairsalons esspecially. Only one working, maybe 2 employees... and washing hair.
I knew where they wanted the packages, told them to have a great day, etc.
Moneymart was another one. Diad won't fit thru the cashier window. What do you do there ? They do have a 2 door safe room... but that doesn't work well, since the diad at most times will cut out, and can't get a sig anyways. I left packages inbetween the safe doors,, not my diad ! Got her last name, thats it.
And so.................... you are part of the problem as well. Danny had you pegged.

I have del. to those check cashing stores, in the safe room, and I have NEVER had a problem getting a sig.

klein

And so.................... you are part of the problem as well. Danny had you pegged.

There is nothing you can do at moneymart. You do not come in contact with the employee there at all.
They have 2 safe doors. They buzz one of them open.. yopu leave the package(s) there. And then you must leave, and they can enter thier door (between the 2 doors), after I close mine.

Only way to get a sig, is to leave my diad inbetween those 2 doors, and hope she gets to it quick enough (for the diad not to shut off), and knows how to sign it.
It's almost impossible, unless give the employess there some diad training.

Not part of the problem at all.

Hairsalons, maybe I can make them take thier gloves off , from dying hair or whatever.... but thtas just rude, since it's atleast a weekly routine, and I know where they want thier deliveries to go (backroom).
But, everyone works a bit differntly, I guess. I always focused on good customer service.

Dagoof

There is nothing you can do at moneymart. You do not come in contact with the employee there at all.
They have 2 safe doors. They buzz one of them open.. yopu leave the package(s) there. And then you must leave, and they can enter thier door (between the 2 doors), after I close mine.

Only way to get a sig, is to leave my diad inbetween those 2 doors, and hope she gets to it quick enough (for the diad not to shut off), and knows how to sign it.
It's almost impossible, unless give the employess there some diad training.

Not part of the problem at all.

Hairsalons, maybe I can make them take thier gloves off , from dying hair or whatever.... but thtas just rude, since it's atleast a weekly routine, and I know where they want thier deliveries to go (backroom).
But, everyone works a bit differntly, I guess. I always focused on good customer service.

Most people know how to sign their name. and usually the buzzer for those doors are right next to the door. Plenty of time to open it and sign their name and if Im not mistaken the board doesnt go to sleep in signature mode. Hair places yes it is a pain for them to take off their gloves but hey its better than losing your job for forging signatures. I have two money places and about 5 hair salons on my rte and they all know the routine. They still get the good customer service just like all my other customers who stop what they are doing to sign.

klein

Our Diads turn off in signature mode. I know that very well.
Thats when I normally get fed up, and want to leave if I don't have a sig by then.
And the other problem we all have, is once they reach for the diad, they seem to hit the signature button... it happens frequently... (then sig goes into the name eneter mode).

Johney

ITem #3

Since we are a retail shop with regular hours, why is it that the drivers insist on leaving without a signature, even though someone is here (many times assisting with the unloading of packages). That Driver release is a cost to my business, but seems to be nothing more than revenue enhancements for the center team. But that has also affected the bottom line.

d
Shipper Release package's possibly?

I think the tax code says if the business is detached from the house its a business, but ups thinks about neighborhood location not tax status, so if its far from business centers it isnt, but then again i have mgmnt that changes the rules every five minutes.
UPS definition of a commercial address is if it has posted hours and is accessible by the general public(at least what I'm told).

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Klein

Thats when I normally get fed up, and want to leave if I don't have a sig by then.
Who cares what you want. You have a job to do. They pay you well to do that job the way they trained you. They dont pay you to do what you want. OF course, it was your "what I want" attitude that got you canned........

And the other problem we all have, is once they reach for the diad, they seem to hit the signature button... it happens frequently...
And you think that you are the only one this ever happens to? It all boils down to the fact you want to play the UPS delivery game by your rules, not UPS's. And that is where you and other drivers then get into trouble and come running to the stewards for help.

Best to just follow the rules that UPS set.

UPS definition of a commercial address is if it has posted hours and is accessible by the general public
That is the common definition. There are others that others try to add to the mix to confuse the issue. But if it has posted hours, and is open to the public for public entrance to the business, it is considered a business, regardless of whether it is zoned for business or not. In my case, the zoning is for Multi-purpose. And I own the 20 acres around the business and the house. So there is really no excuse for not getting a signature, as Klein pointed out, it is what the driver wants to do instead of getting paid to do.

d

hudson

That is the common definition. There are others that others try to add to the mix to confuse the issue. But if it has posted hours, and is open to the public for public entrance to the business, it is considered a business, regardless of whether it is zoned for business or not. In my case, the zoning is for Multi-purpose. And I own the 20 acres around the business and the house. So there is really no excuse for not getting a signature, as Klein pointed out, it is what the driver wants to do instead of getting paid to do.

d

Posted hours and a door open to the public is the definition. Do you have posted hours and a door open to the public? UPS does not care if you own the land or not, or what it is zoned for, or if you have 20 acres. To be considered a business you need posted hours and a public entrance anyone can walk into during those posted hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.