Just for you steve

drewed

Shankman
SNOW!
outside bedroom 003.jpg
outside bedroom 008.jpg

Big Babooba

I once was interviewed by a TV news person when we got the first significant snow storm of the year. She asked me what I thought about the snow. I told her that it was only the first storm and was only 3 inches. Then I said that if she came back and ask me in a couple of months, my attitude would be different. We would have so much snow and nowhere to put it. Climbing snowbanks to deliver packages is no fun. That winter was one of the worse I remember. We had snow and ice storms every other day and late air meet points twice a day. What made it worse was that the city was near bankruptcy and wasn't plowing side streets. You had to drive down them in frozen ruts. It was like driving a train, you didn't have to steer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good luck driving through that. Looks beautiful but hell to work in.

That is probably 6", maybe 9" at the most, and that is nothing. Keep in mind the street hadn't been plowed at that point but still what you see in that picture is no big deal. Now, 2', maybe 3' is a different story.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't want to even experience 1/2 an inch....that's why I choose to live in SoCal.

Growing up in N.E. Ohio, winters could be bitter & miserable........especially standing and waiting for the bus to go to school across town.:rolleyes2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't want to even experience 1/2 an inch....that's why I choose to live in SoCal.

Growing up in N.E. Ohio, winters could be bitter & miserable........especially standing and waiting for the bus to go to school across town.:rolleyes2:
You get an amen from me on that More. I had to walk to school in the snow. I hate it. Will never live in it again!

drewed

Shankman
Upstate is right its about 9 inches over about a 8 hr period....
The muni hasnt be getting the streets done in a timely manner not even the main arteries.

Big Babooba

That is probably 6", maybe 9" at the most, and that is nothing. Keep in mind the street hadn't been plowed at that point but still what you see in that picture is no big deal. Now, 2', maybe 3' is a different story.
I remember that ice storm you guys had about 10 yrs ago. I'd rather have 2 feet of snow.