just freaking wonderful

overflowed

everything is fine until u lose your eye or your job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You
images

Don't work Christmas to pay the scrooge. Ralphy will tell you.

Lordtekk

All you hafta say to get out of working Christmas is that it is a religious holiday and you will be exercising your right to religious freedom by attending some sort of mass, ceremony, or whatever you do in your religion. It would be very hard for them to argue with you.
Or Say No.

jmeti000

Or Say No.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of l964 ("Title VII") prohibits employers, except religious organizations, from discriminating against individuals because of their religion in hiring, firing, and other terms and conditions of employment. Title VII also requires employers to reasonably accommodate the religious practices of an employee or prospective employee, unless to do so would create an undue hardship upon the employer. This means that:

• Employers may not treat employees more or less favorably because of their religion.
  • Employees cannot be required to participate"or to refrain from participating"in a religious activity as a condition of employment.
  • Employers must reasonably accommodate employees' sincerely held religious practices unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the employer.
  • Employers must take steps to prevent religious harassment of their employees.
  • Employers may not retaliate against employees for asserting rights under Title VII.

And since I know your going to focus your attention on "Employers must reasonably accommodate employees' sincerely held religious practices unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the employer", Title VII also states "An employer may not simply refuse to accommodate an employee. If the employer claims that accommodation is not feasible because it would result in an undue hardship, the employer must demonstrate the effect accommodation would have on the business; that is, the employer must prove the undue hardship."

So let a manager say "no" and see where it gets them besides stuck sorting through a mountain of paperwork which would take at LEAST a couple days to put together and make a case...because I want cold, hard, numbers and a powerpoint presentation so we can ALL understand.

STFXG

we are dot regulated. 70 hrs per 8 days. 34 hour restart. 14 hour days can be extended to 16 twice in the 8 day period. All labor laws and dot regulations are mandatory or possible termination of contract. That what you're asking?

HomeDelivery

They just falsify all that kind of stuff

yea some do that just to make service because after 3 hours of waiting for a late trailer & not getting paid for it, you'll push back your start time to accommodate the lost time twiddling your thumbs for the missing 50+ parcels for your route...

Mr.7 said:
Woodchuck,
Mr.7 said:
Are you a D.O.T. driver?

I forgot that's what you call me?!? we all fall under DOT rules, working directly or indirectly for FredEx... i didn't get your point either