Just gonna vent

BrownBrokeDown

Oh I know exactly what it means. I encourage a few of you to pick up a dictionary and look up the definition to said words. I'm pretty sure you would be surprised that, low and behold, they all mean something different. Waaahh, you haven't worked peak yet, waaahh you can't bitch yet, well again I wasn't bitching ya tools. And since when the friend*#k did you need "ENOUGH SENIORITY"9 to vent.
Here's an idea G friend Y. Let's see if you have enough seniority to figure out what that means.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You don't have enough seniority to ask management to start using some slide wax for lube.

OPTION3

Oh I know exactly what it means. I encourage a few of you to pick up a dictionary and look up the definition to said words. I'm pretty sure you would be surprised that, low and behold, they all mean something different. Waaahh, you haven't worked peak yet, waaahh you can't bitch yet, well again I wasn't bitching ya tools. And since when the friend*#k did you need "ENOUGH SENIORITY"9 to vent.
Here's an idea G friend Y. Let's see if you have enough seniority to figure out what that means.

Sent using BrownCafe App
10393740_259332970933660_7065899002724513388_n.jpg

AKCoverMan

I've never understood why an off the street hire should ever get to come in and go FT driver over a PT Upser who has been here and already may have some driving experience.

AKCoverMan

Not to mention the weird way we do transfers. Why can I request a transfer to Hawaii but not to New York?

When I worked in the airline business, if a full time job in my classification was vacant it was put out to bid at every building and the senior person got it. If it remained vacant then the senior PT who wanted to go FT could take it. If nobody wanted it then, and only then, would it go to off the street. Seems to make more sense.

AKCoverMan

No, I will no doubt end my career here. My gal also works for the company and the chance we could ever transfer anywhere both at the same time is extremely close to zero. We like it here and our local pension is doing ok.

I just think our whole transfer process is incredibly cumbersome.

AKCoverMan

I think it's more an everything-different-in-every-building/district/region kind of thing, and the current system is the result.

But I suppose could be. Back in my airline years I knew of desirable stations where you had to have 20 years of seniority to hold a PT job. I guess if it were company wide seniority based the Kahului building would be completely staffed with Grumpy Old Men lol

Overpaid Union Thug

Not to mention the weird way we do transfers. Why can I request a transfer to Hawaii but not to New York?

When I worked in the airline business, if a full time job in my classification was vacant it was put out to bid at every building and the senior person got it. If it remained vacant then the senior PT who wanted to go FT could take it. If nobody wanted it then, and only then, would it go to off the street. Seems to make more sense.
Sometimes I'm not sure which is trying to make things more complicated than they should be. Management or the union.

Sent using BrownCafe App