just got a damn ticket

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I did a slow"rolling stop" at an intersection and got ticketed a few months before I went driving. I went to court and pleaded "No Lo" as it was called thirty years ago. I admitted guilt and explained my job situation to the judge. He lowered the charge so that it wasn't a moving violation, I paid a fine and that was it.

Ouch

Surely you aren't talking about just one ticket keeping you from driving? I don't know where you guys are but I've known several ups drivers that got a couple tickets and it didn't affect their driving eligibility. I could understand maybe a wreck less driving or dui ticket, but just a plain ol speeding ticket?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yes. I never used this exit before. I never even been to the city I was pulled over in before.

This suck... I didn't even see the sign and I scan everything before I make my turns. I wish I could take a lie detector test. It was just too dark for me.. I guess

If I can get this downgraded to impeding traffic that would be beautiful because that is not a moving violation here.

You screwed up, and got a ticket. You committed a moving violation, you get a ticket. Why is it anyone elses responsibility to modify the ticket for an infraction that you ARE guilty of, to a lesser infraction of which you ARE NOT guilty?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Surely you aren't talking about just one ticket keeping you from driving? I don't know where you guys are but I've known several ups drivers that got a couple tickets and it didn't affect their driving eligibility. I could understand maybe a wreck less driving or dui ticket, but just a plain ol speeding ticket?

Once you are already a driver, no, one or two tickets won't have any effect on your driving job. However, if you're looking to become a driver, you cannot have had any moving violations in the past 12 months.

I still speed (Rather excessively sometimes) I'm just good enough to not get caught

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did a slow"rolling stop" at an intersection and got ticketed a few months before I went driving. I went to court and pleaded "No Lo" as it was called thirty years ago. I admitted guilt and explained my job situation to the judge. He lowered the charge so that it wasn't a moving violation, I paid a fine and that was it.

No Lo Contendre

Resident know-it-all.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
You screwed up, and got a ticket. You committed a moving violation, you get a ticket. Why is it anyone elses responsibility to modify the ticket for an infraction that you ARE guilty of, to a lesser infraction of which you ARE NOT guilty?

I Agree with you. I find it very unethical to lower a charge to an offense that was not committed. I do understand special circumstances, which I believe the judge should be able to dismiss or allow the person to be charged.

O

OLDMAN3

You have some good advice from members here.
1 Get a lawyer and fight it. Some judges will tend to bully defendants if they see you are not using a lawyer. Many judges don't want you clogging up their calenders fighting tickets and will pressure you to just pay, if you don't show up with an attorney.
2 Have the attorney play up the hardship a moving violation will cost you (loss of a promotion)
3 If the Judge does not agree to reduce to a non-moving violation, try to get him to agree to a guilty plea to speeding with the stipulation that it will be reduced to a non-moving violation after 6 months of clean driving. You can also later have you record "expunged" or "cleaned" in some States.
4 If the Judge is still stubborn have the attorney schedule and re-schedule all court appearances. The cop will initially schedule all his tickets for the same day. You may get lucky and re-schedule to a day the officer can't get to court...and you win outright.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
4 If the Judge is still stubborn have the attorney schedule and re-schedule all court appearances. The cop will initially schedule all his tickets for the same day. You may get lucky and re-schedule to a day the officer can't get to court...and you win outright.

That is a myth. You have the right to your accuser, but the court will work with both parties to reschedule.

You could avoid this entire situation by following the law 100% of the time.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You have some good advice from members here.
1 Get a lawyer and fight it. Some judges will tend to bully defendants if they see you are not using a lawyer. Many judges don't want you clogging up their calenders fighting tickets and will pressure you to just pay, if you don't show up with an attorney.
2 Have the attorney play up the hardship a moving violation will cost you (loss of a promotion)
3 If the Judge does not agree to reduce to a non-moving violation, try to get him to agree to a guilty plea to speeding with the stipulation that it will be reduced to a non-moving violation after 6 months of clean driving. You can also later have you record "expunged" or "cleaned" in some States.

1. Sure, with his Part time pay he can afford a quality lawyer. I see no problem there

2. A judge WILL NOT care that you screwed yourself out of a promotion. Boo Hoo

3. Try to get the judge to reduce your illegal right on red turn to a speeding ticket. BRILLIANT!!

4. The judge is stubborn? HAHAHAHAHA

These kids are funny