Just got back from layover run. have questions.

B

BrownCubster

I covered a layover run this week in feeder. 2 trips. about 10 hours each way but they said this is a mileage run.
I also had to break up my sets and make up sets, fuel , wash the tractor . also had to drive 30 minutes to the motel.
Also had to buy food but the company already had a hotel room for the drivers.
I asked the dispatcher how and if I get paid for all the extra work and if I my food was just out of pocket. He didnt know.

It was pretty easy. work is work which has been slow for me lately.

I'm calling payroll tomorrow but would like some information here before I call.

Thanks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First off, union hourlies are normally not allowed to call payroll directly.

Secondly, you do get a per diem, which is outlined in the contract.

Third, you will get paid for all hours worked. Not quite sure what you meant by "extra work".

B

BrownCubster

First off, union hourlies are normally not allowed to call payroll directly.

Secondly, you do get a per diem, which is outlined in the contract.

Third, you will get paid for all hours worked. Not quite sure what you meant by "extra work".
well, I was told this was a mileage run, paid by the mile. so I thought all the extra work I was doing not driving was just extra. one driver told me that the run was paid a set amount by the mile. Have always been paid by the hour .

B

BrownCubster

I have never covered a mileage run because they screw over new drivers in progression.
Thanks for the heads up. That is why I am asking here before I get my paycheck. The dispatcher did tell me I can talk to payroll next week if I have any questions.

Retiree

The larger feeder operations have a WOR admin that make the time card corrections, payroll adjustments, etc. these people talk directly to payroll.

B

BrownCubster

The larger feeder operations have a WOR admin that make the time card corrections, payroll adjustments, etc. these people talk directly to payroll.
I think this is the guy I turn my paper time cards to when the punch in IVIS is down. He is in the office next to the dispatcher.

rod

Retired 22 years
Half hour drive to a motel? Let me guess-it was a run down Bates Motel type. Nothing like management stay in when they go visiting.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I covered a layover run this week in feeder. 2 trips. about 10 hours each way but they said this is a mileage run.
I also had to break up my sets and make up sets, fuel , wash the tractor . also had to drive 30 minutes to the motel.
Also had to buy food but the company already had a hotel room for the drivers.
I asked the dispatcher how and if I get paid for all the extra work and if I my food was just out of pocket. He didnt know.

It was pretty easy. work is work which has been slow for me lately.

I'm calling payroll tomorrow but would like some information here before I call.

Thanks.
Sounds like a question for your alter ego Olroadbeech