Just got fired, going to panel

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, make a bargain, maybe and just request half the time back-pay ?????
You'll need to pay back unemployment insurance anyways, I imagine - we need to, if back pay occurs.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Union did request back pay at panel, the case is just what was stated in the op, and there is nothing more. Panel did discuss returning to job, but union asked about back pay and thats when it deadlock. I would have took the no backpay I can get that back in ot, but now since its going to panel I dont really know how long that takes. So I am not sure about the pay issue.

I am sorry, but there has to be more to this story. If the company "DIGS" in this deep on you, there has to be more to the story. Something like, your a trouble maker, dont do the job right, dont get along with the other employees, you file tons of frivilous grievances or you dont show up for work. Something is wrong with your story.

The company would not "DIG IN" on a case like this without reason. It costs them alot of money to bounce this case around for months and kick it to arbitration.

At this point, its costing them more money to pursue the case than it would to let it go. I wish you could lay all the cards on the table even if they arent in the best light for you, then the case might make some sense.

We had a kid, 17 years on the job, wrote hundreds of stupid grievances, got into disputes with all his co workers, did the job in the worst possible fashion no matter what route he was on, always was in a confrontation with a supervisor and made a habit of calling in sick on fridays. He angered his bosses and when they tried talking to him about it one on one, this driver went the extra mile to file charges with the DOL and NLRB.

It came down to one day in the yard where he once again, got into a confrontation with another driver. There was a "small" and I mean SMALL POINTLESS bump between the two, and if was any other person, there would have been nothing done about it. A meeting with the stewards and DM, the air cleared and moved on.

Instead, the company walked him out. He had the opportunity to get his job back with some concessions and an attitude adjustment, but this guy just wouldnt have it. He thought he was smarter than everyone else.

He chose to fight, he lost at first grievance, he lost at panel and finally, he lost in arbitration. ALL HIS charges with the DOL and NLRB were dismissed for lack of merit and now he is on the street complaining to anyone who will listen how he will sue the company.

The bottom line was simple, he caused so much grief even his co workers celebrated his departure.

The story he tells is way different however, he claims he was set up by the company, backdoored by the union and prejudiced by the arbitrator.

Sometimes, its best to lay all the cards on the table and work from there.

Tell me what cards your holding.

Peace

TOS

singleout

I am sorry, but there has to be more to this story. If the company "DIGS" in this deep on you, there has to be more to the story. Something like, your a trouble maker, dont do the job right, dont get along with the other employees, you file tons of frivilous grievances or you dont show up for work. Something is wrong with your story.

The company would not "DIG IN" on a case like this without reason. It costs them alot of money to bounce this case around for months and kick it to arbitration.

At this point, its costing them more money to pursue the case than it would to let it go. I wish you could lay all the cards on the table even if they arent in the best light for you, then the case might make some sense.

We had a kid, 17 years on the job, wrote hundreds of stupid grievances, got into disputes with all his co workers, did the job in the worst possible fashion no matter what route he was on, always was in a confrontation with a supervisor and made a habit of calling in sick on fridays. He angered his bosses and when they tried talking to him about it one on one, this driver went the extra mile to file charges with the DOL and NLRB.

It came down to one day in the yard where he once again, got into a confrontation with another driver. There was a "small" and I mean SMALL POINTLESS bump between the two, and if was any other person, there would have been nothing done about it. A meeting with the stewards and DM, the air cleared and moved on.

Instead, the company walked him out. He had the opportunity to get his job back with some concessions and an attitude adjustment, but this guy just wouldnt have it. He thought he was smarter than everyone else.

He chose to fight, he lost at first grievance, he lost at panel and finally, he lost in arbitration. ALL HIS charges with the DOL and NLRB were dismissed for lack of merit and now he is on the street complaining to anyone who will listen how he will sue the company.

The bottom line was simple, he caused so much grief even his co workers celebrated his departure.

The story he tells is way different however, he claims he was set up by the company, backdoored by the union and prejudiced by the arbitrator.

Sometimes, its best to lay all the cards on the table and work from there.

Tell me what cards your holding.

Peace

TOS

Nothing more than what I posted. The op is correct and nothing more!!! That is excatly what happen, I came to work everyday, had 14 sick days avail, I always help out. So there is nothing more I can say that is not in the op.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Nothing more than what I posted. The op is correct and nothing more!!! That is excatly what happen, I came to work everyday, had 14 sick days avail, I always help out. So there is nothing more I can say that is not in the op.

Ok, lets try it this way.. Give me the name of the labor manager handling the case for UPS and Ill take it from there. Dont forget the region. I dont need your name or center, just the name of the labor manager involved.

Ill get to the bottom of it.

Peace

TOS

singleout

Ok, lets try it this way.. Give me the name of the labor manager handling the case for UPS and Ill take it from there. Dont forget the region. I dont need your name or center, just the name of the labor manager involved.

Ill get to the bottom of it.

Peace

TOS

Are you talking about the local or the panel labor manager!!! And if you dont mine me asking, what can you actually do? thanks

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Are you talking about the local or the panel labor manager!!! And if you dont mine me asking, what can you actually do? thanks

I am in Teamster Labor. I handle many labor cases in my region and know EVERY labor manager in the USA. I dont need your name or center. Just who is handling your case on the company side. One phone call and Ill know all the details.

At that point, I will respond to your case.

Peace

TOS

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am in Teamster Labor. I handle many labor cases in my region and know EVERY labor manager in the USA. I dont need your name or center. Just who is handling your case on the company side. One phone call and Ill know all the details.

Peace

TOS
so, who's the Irish guy where I am?

trickpony1

Peace

TOS

Seriously?
You don't need to know his name or center? You just need to know who is handling his case on the company side and that case wouldn't have singleout's name in it?
Seriously?

Singleout-
Don't give TOS any info. He can't do anything.
I tried giving a person of stature on this forum my personal info when our famous union couldn't help me..........nothing came of it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Picture this....

Being at a National Panel.... Representing your Local....

And some agent from California.... Walks in.... Plus, flipflops

That exudes confidence. If only the members of my Local knew....

-Bug-

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Union did request back pay at panel, the case is just what was stated in the op, and there is nothing more. Panel did discuss returning to job, but union asked about back pay and thats when it deadlock. I would have took the no backpay I can get that back in ot, but now since its going to panel I dont really know how long that takes. So I am not sure about the pay issue.

How about a update from the the OP. Where are you at....??

-Bug-

Here you go BUG ... it was pretty well hidden but I remembered him posting this on 8/9.

Don't worry, TOS is on the case.