Just got hired to UPS SCS

newb

hello, thanks for your time in reading this post. i was just hired yesterday to ups supply chain soltuions in my area, initially i was under the impression that UPS was UPS but now after ive done a little research i see now there are multiple divisons. i suppose the reason im writing this is to find out a little information, i dont really know much at all so i thought who better to ask than those who work for UPS. Can you tell me some basics like what is UPS scs? i know that i will be starting out at 9.90/hr, is that the average starting pay? its just an entry level position, dock worker is the position i filled the application for, is 9.90/hr the average starting pay? i always heard that UPS workers got paid pretty good, should i expect to be paid $10 forever? Is UPS scs a part of the union? if so can you explain the union to me? ive never before worked for a union. i guess i just dont know what to expect so im looking for any information you guys are willing to share with me. thanks in advance for your greatly appreciated responses. :happy2:

newb

any information regarding full time employee benefits would be greatly appreciated as well, vacation time, health insurance, sick days, things like that. again thank you for your responses!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

any information regarding full time employee benefits would be greatly appreciated as well, vacation time, health insurance, sick days, things like that. again thank you for your responses!

Don't worry about bubbles--he has problems interacting with adults.

ajblakejr is the SCS point of contact on this forum. She can answer all of your questions (and look doing so:wink2:)

newb

thank you kindly for your reply. i look forward to getting a reply with some answers to my questions from ajblakejr soon!:wink2: