Just got Laid off

UPSGUY72

My SUP called me today and told me that starting next week I'm laid off. Anyone hear of other centers starting to lay people off ???

Datdude

My SUP called me today and told me that starting next week I'm laid off. Anyone hear of other centers starting to lay people off ???
Sorry to hear that your getting layed off. We are super heavy down here in Houston area. We have 7 people off on comp:dead: and 8 on vacation:smart: and every TCD is driving as well.The TCD's all thought they were going to be layed off the 1st off the year.Hopefully things pick up at your center.

Braveheart

I only can bump one. I'm going to work the preload and collect. I figured I'd work the preload so I'm there in case they need a driver.

Preload is smart. Make sure you watch and see if they try to use air drivers and such to do EAM's, shuttling, etc etc.

FILE FILE FILE

If enough people call in and you drive, you will hit Overtime EARLY in the day.

I got a driver who got laid off and is working one part time shift and collecting partial unemployement for the shortage.

Braveheart

The first 7 days of a layoff you get your regular pay rate. After that you revert to some formula inside rate based on years of service. Get with the Union on that.

UPSGUY72

Preload is smart. Make sure you watch and see if they try to use air drivers and such to do EAM's, shuttling, etc etc.

FILE FILE FILE

If enough people call in and you drive, you will hit Overtime EARLY in the day.

I got a driver who got laid off and is working one part time shift and collecting partial unemployement for the shortage.

The SUP in are building are pretty god a following the rules. I coul have taken a full lay off but working the preload will keep me in the loop so I know what''s going on.

bumped

The first 7 days of a layoff you get your regular pay rate. After that you revert to some formula inside rate based on years of service. Get with the Union on that.

If he is a full time driver at top scale he should be allowed to work 8 hours displacing 2 part timers if need be. He should also be paid at top inside wage.

brownrod

All drivers on road this whole month. Today we were light but they put every driver on road and under dispatched us. They said we've been heavy and working hard, have an easy day and you can code 5 if you are done early. I couldn't believe my ears. Hope the center manager doesn't get in trouble with IE or his boss for this one.

brownrod

I believe layoffs lasting more than a week require a letter and a week in advance. Or something like that. I don't have my book here with me.

It'll be different for each supplement.

No lay off letters here. Low seniority drivers have to call in an hour before start to find out if they are working. Laid off drivers cannot displace pters here.

UPSSOCKS

Our volume is wicked heavy everyone works including supervisors and i'm filing.

Sups are working everywhere. Your petty grievances are a joke. Why don't confront them and ask them to stop? Don't be scared they are people just like you. Or you could just be a coward and file the grievance. It would be too much to ask some college kid why they are working. Make sure you ask because remember they are your boss.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sups are working everywhere. Your petty grievances are a joke. Why don't confront them and ask them to stop? Don't be scared they are people just like you. Or you could just be a coward and file the grievance. It would be too much to ask some college kid why they are working. Make sure you ask because remember they are your boss.

Oh come on...you cannot possibly be this naive, to think that PT supervisors are "college kids". What you meant was "college aged kids".

D

Dis-organized Labor

To Sleeve:
I kinda' like this Post, especially the part in blue above. I'm a Manager and I think that I am approachable as he has accidently revealed that he is as well. The "people just like you part" is absolutely true. I; like you, have work to do.

UPSSOCKS is very close to being released from Reformation Boot Camp. :peaceful:

Last edited by a moderator: