just got trained on spa after my 90 working days, and someone filed a grievence...

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
yeah thats right. granted i've only worked at UPS for 90 working days, i've worked my ass off and feel i'm getting rewarded for it. But there is always a lazy a-hole who thinks they deserve opportunities because they have been unloading for 2 years. I mean, i feel a little bad, but if you work hard and have a good attitude, good things will happen. anyways, said a-hole filed a grievence against me because my center manager got me a user id on spa. Should i be concerned? or just keep on doing what i've been doing? I think i answered my own question, i guess i just want so feedback. bring it on

alwaysoverallowed

Re: just got trained on spa after my 90 working days, and someone filed a grievence..

Work as directed until we go on strike, then cross the line and become that a-holes' boss, then fire him. That's what I would do.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Re: just got trained on spa after my 90 working days, and someone filed a grievence..

i think you should just kiss :censored2: all the way to the top

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member

i dont kiss ass, in fact I barely even talk to anybody. I just work and go home. So sue me

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

yeah thats right. granted i've only worked at UPS for 90 working days, i've worked my ass off and feel i'm getting rewarded for it. But there is always a lazy a-hole who thinks they deserve opportunities because they have been unloading for 2 years. I mean, i feel a little bad, but if you work hard and have a good attitude, good things will happen. anyways, said a-hole filed a grievence against me because my center manager got me a user id on spa. Should i be concerned? or just keep on doing what i've been doing? I think i answered my own question, i guess i just want so feedback. bring it on

First off, the grievance wasn't filed on you.
The grievance was filed on the manager who ignored seniority in the awarding of a preferred job.
Secondly, you should get your head around the distinct possibility that your going back to the unload.
I know it's not the answers you were looking for, but it's the truth.
​Good luck.

Last edited:

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

I've never heard of management "rewarding" a fast unloader with a SPA position. Typically, they like to keep fast unloaders unloading, and slower unloader, as well as women, SPAing.

Anyway, I was the fastest unloader for years and the people that were rewarded were the ones that hit the bar with and played flag football with the supervisors. Hard work at UPS gives you the opportunity to work harder, so please stop flattering yourself.

But there are procedures in place, via the contract, to determine who gets open jobs. I cringe when a supervisor places his/her buddy into a highly desired position -- like irreg train, or clerk -- and that person whines & cries when the job is taken away after a grievance is filed. Honestly, all this **** I've been dealing with my entire career could be avoided if management actually bothered to follow the contract halfway.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Just carry on with what you are doing. His grievance isn't your concern/

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member

First off, the grievance wasn't filed on you.
The grievance was filed on the manager who ignored seniority in the awarding of a preferred job.
Secondly, you should get your head around the distinct possibility that your going to back to the unload.
I know it's not the answers you were looking for, but it's the truth.
​Good luck.

yeah I already have been unloading/spa. Its all good with me. I like unloading, but I must admit after my 4th long trailer, my back is kinda sad. They usually let me spa 1, unload 1 or 2. No biggy, and your probly right about the griev being my sup. Its not like I promoted myself.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

yeah I already have been unloading/spa. Its all good with me. I like unloading, but I must admit after my 4th long trailer, my back is kinda sad. They usually let me spa 1, unload 1 or 2. No biggy, and your probly right about the griev being my sup. Its not like I promoted myself.

I call B.S. on unloading 4 then SPAing.

A "long" trailer could be 45, 48 or 53 feet; even the fastest unloaders will average an hour (slightly more in a 53') as the composition will vary from trailer to trailer (e.g. over 2000 packages in one, 1200+300 bulk pieces in another, etc.) If your building doesn't have attached rollers + longer extendos, it'll take longer.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member

I call B.S. on unloading 4 then SPAing.

A "long" trailer could be 45, 48 or 53 feet; even the fastest unloaders will average an hour (slightly more in a 53') as the composition will vary from trailer to trailer (e.g. over 2000 packages in one, 1200+300 bulk pieces in another, etc.) If your building doesn't have attached rollers + longer extendos, it'll take longer.

i never said i unload 4 trailers and than spa. all i said is that when i unload 4 long trailers my back hurts. everyday is different. you should know that right?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Wow, is this how I really sound? Dude, you just started working at UPS, nobody owes you anything. I'm the fastest unloader and I haven't been "rewarded" yet by moving into small sort or to SPA. They only move weak people into less physically demanding positions. Look at what job most of the women are doing in your building, do you really think that they work hard (non sexually) to get there? In my building, I'm basically the ONLY unloader, they would move all the other unloaders from the unload side and move them into other easy position and leave only me there. I could easily get this fixed if I wanted to, by giving my BA a little phone call. I look at it in a good way: I'm getting more work, thus more hours, thus more money in my pockets.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

i dont kiss ass, in fact I barely even talk to anybody. I just work and go home. So sue me

Yeah, uh-huh. :D

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

i never said i unload 4 trailers and than spa. all i said is that when i unload 4 long trailers my back hurts. everyday is different. you should know that right?

We refer to "long trailers" as 53' (we rarely receive 45' or 48' anymore); given the number, I interpret your comment "4 long trailers" as ... 4 long trailers. Apparently you mean FOR and not 4.

browntroll

i would count on you being back to unloading unless the unloader just wants to show the supervisor what rules he/she has to follow.
i have seen similar situation and have been in the same boat as you with other positions, you cant do anything but just keep working safe
and as directed. i really wish they would make it so ppl can spa and unload so they would switch on every trailer and have a choice, but not how
management works they have their favorites, i have had to unload 4 53 footers in a shift before and yes i got help at the end of each one
its not fun specially when for some reason they leave 1 53fter 80% at the end of the shift with only 40 minutes left to finish and you get 3 supervisors and the
hub manager just watching you like its gonna make you work faster.