just hello

tracker2762

What you say makes no sense to me,if I get a code 05 its because I have way too much work and the only way to get it all done at a reasonable hour is to not take lunch.
There are no short days during peak.If they want to send help instead,I'm happier if they do,lunch is my favorite part of the day.

Maybe the part you don't understand is why would you need help if you are code 5. Code 5 is for time worked less than 8 hours. If you go over 8 then your code 6 and your hour lunch is taken out. There should be no Code 5's during peak except for Christmas Eve. Could it be your in Ontario and it may be different where you are. You should take your lunch every day including peak. The amount of work should have nothing to do with it. Maybe they know you skip your lunch and leave the work on. If more drivers took their lunch everyday, they may add a route. The favorite part of my day is going home.

DS

Fenderbender
Code 5 is for time worked less than 8 hours. If you go over 8 then your code 6 and your hour lunch is taken out. .
If I call and ask for help and they have nobody to help,they will ask if I can get it all done if I go code 05.This means I don't take a break and they do not take
lunch out.So it means I am paid actual.So as you can see, it does not always mean time worked less than 8 hours.Often during peak if I take my break,I don't
get my air back on time,so as a favor I will work through my lunch and in appreciation I will be paid for the whole day using a code 05.I don't think it makes a
diifference that I work in Canada,except that your sup may not have this option,ours do.

tracker2762

Your right, we can't go from a code 6 to a code 5, If that was the case then everyone who wants to skip their lunch would do that so they get paid for all time worked. Heck I might even want to do it. What is the need to have a code 6 if you can change it. Why don't you just start the day code 5. UPS saves a lot of money by working through lunch unless time worked. Code 5 for us is used so they don't have to guarantee 8 hours. This decision is made before you leave the building.
In the past we had a situation were we left thinking we were code 6. turns out alot of drivers didn't have 8 hours and were expecting their guaranteed hours. There was a big stink about this and now it's to be verified before leaving that your are code 5. Do be honest with you I think your sup is misusing code 5.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have to get permission to go Code 5. It is usually if you have less than 8 hours work but it can and has been used in situations such as the one DS described.