Just hit 1 year, when/how do I get my insurance?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Legitimyze, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

About 1 week ago was my 1 year at UPS as a part time package handler. Do I need to initiate the process of getting paperwork or whatever needs done for my insurance? Or should I wait for someone to contact me? Just not sure what I am suppose to do, I want to get it done asap because this is what I have been waiting for.

2. browner89

browner89 Active Member

They mailed it to me almost 2 months before I even hit 1 year If I recall correctly. Didn't have to talk to the company about anything. Check the mail piled around your house to see if maybe you missed it or didn't realize what it was.

3. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

What did they mail you, paperwork or just your insurance card?

4. browner89

browner89 Active Member

Both in the same package.

5. Number24

Number24 #24

You should already have had your insurances active even before your first year hit.

6. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

Any suggestions where I should start, since I have not received anything yet.

7. browner89

browner89 Active Member

HR would be my guess.

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Break your arm and go to hospital. They will then look up to see if you have coverage.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

Well I work in a pharmacy, so I can skip the arm breaking part haha. Is there one specific plan that everyone is under? I could call it myself right now.

10. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

are part timers still under aetna?

11. GetTacosOrDieTrying

GetTacosOrDieTrying What's in the box!!!!!?

Yeah

12. GetTacosOrDieTrying

GetTacosOrDieTrying What's in the box!!!!!?

Should of got the information pack already. Go to hr tomorrow

13. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Congrats on making it. Makes the job a lot more worthwhile (along with the paid time off/holidays/vacations). Should have gotten your big packet and cards a few weeks ago at the latest. Nothing done on your end. Might want to log into UPSers and make sure your correct address is in your records. No other excuse to not have that to you already.

14. Box Ox

Blue Cross Blue Shield in my area.

15. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

So you literally do not have to fill anything out at all? Everything just comes to you?

16. Box Ox

Yep, 100%. Only thing to fill out in my packet was the life insurance beneficiary sheet in case the worst happens on the job.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

So chances are I am already covered, I just need my cards?

18. Box Ox

Better be. HR and Teamcare should be tripping over themselves to get everything to you if it was their bad. Getting 1 year packets out on time should be like tying a shoe for them as much as they do it.

What comes in the packet in addition to the cards is important too. Explanation of benefits, Teamcare online enrollment credentials, etc etc.

19. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

I believe I fall under the Mid-Atlantic district, I am from PA. Does anyone know if I would be under Aetna or blue cross blue shield? Any website I try to access from my work computer is blocked.