Just lost my Mother.

raider6971

raider6971
sorry steve ,,i just lost my dad 3 weeks ago to a massive heart attack...i feel your pain.....i hope they are both in gods loving arms suffering no more .......your in my prayers ......

diesel96

I'm lucky enough to have my Mom living close to me, here in Fl. Can't imagine life without her, I'm a real Mama's boy. Thx Steve, for your heartfelt words to reach out to Mom this Holiday Season. I will do exactly that......God Bless your Mom. And also God Bless those of you who also lost loved ones recently.

helenofcalifornia

Sorry to hear of your loss Steve. My Dad died when I was six months old, so I was raised by a single, hard working Mom. When I was a kid, I would pray that she wouldn't die any earlier then by the time I was 20. Because I could "handle" it then. I would make this little bargain every few years when I was younger, until I finally realized that there is no time in my life when I would be fully "prepared" for her death.

I don't think anyone can prepare themselves for the death of their mother. Again, Steve, so sorry to hear of the death of your Mom.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Off to NYC Friday evening to attend a small ceremony for Mom, on Monday. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts. May God/G_d bless all of you and your families.

Steve!

chev

Nightcrawler
:sad-little: So sorry about your loss Steve. I can't imagine how you feel. I am fortunate to still have my mom and dad and a very good relationship with them. It would devastate me to loose them.
May you have a safe trip to NY. :wink2:
God bless.

azul

low on the pole
I'm new here and I hope it is not inappropriate to extend my condolences. I just couldn't pass this thread and not express my sincere apologies. May your dear mother rest in peace and may God keep you and your family blessed always.

azul

P

pickup

Steven : just as the poster above me, i am relatively new here and so did not want to impose upon you in your time of grief. Based on your posts, i know you have a more stable head on your shoulders than I do on mine but I feel compelled to say something although it may be one day too late( since you already drove today.) i think all of us drivers know we need to have a clear focus when we are behind the steering wheel. Just a reminder not to let the recent passing of your mother to weigh on your mind too much while you are driving as it has been my experience that when your mind is on something other than the task at hand (which is driving) is when you sometimes fail to see that the car to the right is going to blow the stop sign or that the little kid is going to chase the ball that you failed to see(that you normally would see) because your mind is on your mother. As it is peak time , this is the most stressful time to drive . When a loved one passes away, more often than not, we get mentally hit with issues, remorse, etc days or weeks after the funeral, not during it. So Steve, keep focused and do the great job that I think you normally do . God bless ya!!

P

pickup

And i said to steven, i say to the rest of you and I'll keep a slice of the advice for myself. One more week to go before things die down a bit. Let's keep focused on our jobs when we are working , and work safe. Let's stay off our cell phones (too many of us are doing it in the yard and on the road and hands free or not it still divides our attention) while we are driving especially now, most of those calls can wait to be answered when we are not moving. Stay safe and sane guys and gals.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
azul, not inappropriate at all, thank you.

Thanks for that great advice, pickup, very good point of view you have.

As for everyone that has posted, I thank you, as does my family, for all the kind thoughts and prayers during our time of grief. :happy2:

A

an anonymous guest

Steve:

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom last year and this will be the first Christmas season without her. She was always the quiet rock of our family and we miss her. Just to let you know that we will keep her, and you, in our thoughts and prayers this season. Hang in there.

Go UPS!
P61