just passed road test!!!

BrownieDriver

Thanks for the advice! I have one question, how do I practice on a diad beforehand?

Your HR rep should be able to get you an online course beforehand. Ask them about it.

The "bold" part of the 10 point needs to be verbatim, the other part is "in your own words". You get one chance a day.

S

serenity now

I'm sorry but I am so tired of hearing this stupid generalization. Could it be that they simply wanted to use their brains rather than their backs?

my center manager used his brain last week by dispatching 2 drivers to an eight store shopping center, 2 drivers to a small subdivision, and giving me 1 stop that was 20 blocks off area

management at pcm: "you sumbeaches are running up your miles"

driver response: "actually, no; you do that for us"

oldngray

nowhere special
my center manager used his brain last week by dispatching 2 drivers to an eight store shopping center, 2 drivers to a small subdivision, and giving me 1 stop that was 20 blocks off area

management at pcm: "you sumbeaches are running up your miles"

driver response: "actually, no; you do that for us"

Blame the SPC that said you needed 1 more stop even if its 20 blocks away.

ibleedbrown

passed all requirements and got my class c license, start integrad on monday. i have done a ton of research, talked w other drivers that have recently passed integrad and got a bunch of help from members of the brown cafe. i am fairly confident and do not think i will be overwhelmed at class, i am very much prepared and ready for basically anything they throw at me at this point. i have the 5 & 10 memorized, have been practicing the pre-trip, road drill and even have the little driving village mapped out already. going to spend the rest of the weekend ironing uniform, shining boots lol, and reviewing everything including the online diad training course. wish me luck, i will be back to let you guys know how i did.

some of you may think i am over thinking this but the reason i have done so is because i just want to be prepared and organized for the class so i dont freak out when they drop all the madness on me in the class. i'm going to try and test out of the 5 & 10 and pre-trip on the first day so i can focus on everything else they throw at me the rest of the week.

if i pass the class i start driving next monday!

thanks to everyone that helped and even to those that busted my chops, you gave me an idea of what to expect and i appreciate all the advice and put downs lol!!!!

stealth8

Just remember these three phrases:
1. Show up!
2. Shut up!
3. Keep up!
That was the best advice that a senior driver gave me 33 yrs ago, and I followed it until I retired last November.When younger drivers use to bitch and complain about the job I always would ask them if they would rather be delivering pkgs or fighting over in Afghanistan. You have to put things in perspective. Good luck and I hope you are able to keep your positive attitude. Cheers! Stealth

BCFan

I do not nor can I recite the 5 / 10 thing, my uniform looks slept in, shoes are never shined, but when I walk into the office with a hand full of grievances the sups call me "Mr. B C"......

ibleedbrown

passed the class, they offered me a permanent position, i start monday! the class was hard, i mostly had problems with nerves, but the facilitators were awesome and they helped a lot!!

advice for anyone going to integrad is learn your 5 & 10 like the back of your hand. make sure you ask to get the official 5 & 10 that they will be giving you in class. study them til you can say them out loud without stumbling. they will let you write it down from memory and read it back off your paper, that helps a lot. test out of that as as soon as you can! also learn the pretrip and pass that asap. do all your learning modules and pay attention!! as far as the driving is concerned try and not be nervous lol as soon as they give you the map for the integrad station study the hell out of it and memorize the addresses and details to your stops. take the class seriously and show them that you want to succeed, they will work with you. good luck to anyone thinking of becoming a driver!! thanks to everyone for the helpful advice!!!

ibleedbrown

and go bulls and bears!!! no more projects in chicago, my area will be covering some hoods but i think they will be starting me off in a nice neighborhood for my training route after that they will throw me from the wolves to the vultures!! lmao!!!

Indecisi0n

lanacane.jpg