Just resigned and I have questions

Metraletta

So I recently resigned from my hub because of serious issues and I have a few questions regarding my payroll and benefits. My last day was Wednesday of last week but I still received my pay on Friday. Now before I resigned I was at 9.50 when I was supposed to be at $10/hr because I reached my year. What I wanted to know is would I still get my final check from the previous week + the extra they owe me for my year, and if so will it go to my bank or come in the mail?

For my second question, I was with UPS for roughly a year and some so my benefits kicked in and were used already. Now that I am no longer working with them how long do I have before my benefits are cancelled, or will they be cancelled at all? The reason I asked is because I dont want to get rid of my benefits papers knowing that they're still of some

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
You will still get one more check for the last few days you worked and vacation time owed. You will not get a back pay check for the retroactive pay raise still pending, which would probably have been at least $700 before taxes.

Because you were in the company benefits plan, you should have insurance for the rest of the month (for most PTers in the rest of the country now in Teamcare, it's my understanding that coverage is now weekly).

Make contact with your Local Union, and tell them you quit & need a 'withdrawal card'.

Metraletta

That's understandable thanks. The reason I resigned was because of tampering with personal info I.E pit, so I had to leave. This just came to mind but I also wanted to know if I would be able to file taxes once tax season comes (March-April). Last year I received my W2 but I wasn't able to file due to how much I made over a 5 month period. Now that I am laid off would I still receive a W2, and if not would I still be able to file for the year+ I've been working?

Edit: Also what is a withdrawal card and what does it do?

Johney

If in Teamcare your benefits will cease the first week you don't have any days in. You should however receive info on Cobra payments to keep your insurance going. This info tends to show up about a month after UPS has quit contributing.

Metraletta

A withdrawal card means you won't have to pay union dues anymore.

Ok. How do I find my local union? Should I contact HR for the information?

If in Teamcare your benefits will cease the first week you don't have any days in. You should however receive info on Cobra payments to keep your insurance going. This info tends to show up about a month after UPS has quit contributing.
So you're saying they will mail this info to me or will I have to make effort to contacting Cobra?

And I don't wont to get into to much of what I did. I basically changed stuff like absences and was eventually caught.

Edit: Is this the information I need?

(718) 482-9021
Local 804 Federal Credit Union

Johney

So you're saying they will mail this info to me or will I have to make effort to contacting Cobra?

And I don't wont to get into to much of what I did. I basically changed stuff like absences and was eventually caught.

(718) 482-9021
Yes as long as you already have insurance when UPS quits contributing they will mail you Cobra info.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
That looks like one helluva bong you're toking from and if so, you don't need this job, you'll have plenty of other opportunities where that kind of talent is useful.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Apparently you didn't have a shop steward (union representation) in the meeting when you 'resigned'. Did you ask for a steward, or not know you were entitled to representation?

Try 312-738-2800 on Monday (unless you were in Joliet or Hammond).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

(718) 482-9021
You worked in my local?? Glad you got caught....enjoy those COBRA payments