Just so we're straight. Peak isnt an excuse for supervisors delivering, correct ??

YesYouDidPushAButton

Their poor planning isn't my emergency.
For the past few weeks, they've cut the hell out of the preload, we're all running around with 5-10 misloads (no joke, it's horrendous)

They're sending drivers home and the onroads are collecting misloads (in package cars, browned up) on road and delivering. They're each doing 70+ stops, now they're even sweeping our heavy pickups !! Started filing tonight and got "busted" as I wrote and told dont bother, they're allowed to during peak. I'm handing in tomorrow, I know it's bull. But just so we're 100% they can't send drivers home and run "misload" routes and pickups right? lol

We're also suspecting they're intentionally misloading so management can "build" routes on the road. I'm NOT joking, it's THAT bad.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: Just so we're straight. Peak isnt an excuse for supervisors delivering, correct ?

First of all, I seriously doubt that they are intentionally misloading to build routes. Second, if they are indeed sending preloaders and drivers home and sups are loading/delivering grievances must certainly be filed; however, you are not the one who should be filing them. The employees directly impacted by this (the ones sent home) should file for the hours each sup is on road.

As for the bulk pickups sweeps, I have no problem with that. My UPS Store called for a sweep, filled up a U-Haul rental and I was told to take credit for all of the pkgs picked up (207). Pickups are grunt work and any help we can get on those gives us more time to deliver.

Indecisi0n

Re: Just so we're straight. Peak isnt an excuse for supervisors delivering, correct ?

They cannot shuttle mislaods out by themselves. I have filed on sups before for this and have won. If they have a trainee/temp in the car they get away with it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

First of all, I seriously doubt that they are intentionally misloading to build routes. Second, if they are indeed sending preloaders and drivers home and sups are loading/delivering grievances must certainly be filed; however, you are not the one who should be filing them. The employees directly impacted by this (the ones sent home) should file for the hours each sup is on road.

As for the bulk pickups sweeps, I have no problem with that. My UPS Store called for a sweep, filled up a U-Haul rental and I was told to take credit for all of the pkgs picked up (207). Pickups are grunt work and any help we can get on those gives us more time to deliver.

Anybody everybody with the stones should be the ones to file Nancy.
Everything you do is grunt work.
Your supervisor and yourself falsified falsified records and you should both be fired.

Buck Fifty

Your supervisor and yourself falsified falsified records and you should both be fired.

Notretiredyet

As for the bulk pickups sweeps, I have no problem with that. My UPS Store called for a sweep, filled up a U-Haul rental and I was told to take credit for all of the pkgs picked up (207). Pickups are grunt work and any help we can get on those gives us more time to deliver.[/QUOTE]
Did you load those packages and drive that U-Haul? Sounds like falsification to me.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Did you load those packages and drive that U-Haul? Sounds like falsification to me.[/QUOTE]
This from the person who questions my character.

Does anyone really think that supervisors "want" to go out and deliver or pick-up?

Nowhere in this post did I read that the operation wasn't staffed properly.

wayfair

swollen member

You shouldn't be getting credit for that... you know it...
when someone else takes a pickup off of me, they take that pickup out of my EDD

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The pickup was not taken off---a sweep was made during the day to get the work back so it could be processed by the metro. I closed out the stop and was told to take credit for all of the packages processed that day.

DS

Fenderbender

The pickup was not taken off---a sweep was made during the day to get the work back so it could be processed by the metro. I closed out the stop and was told to take credit for all of the packages processed that day.
It really doesn't matter who gets credit for it as long as it was recorded accurately.

CFLBrown

Wouldn't the proper way be for you to: scan the end of day report and enter the actual amount of packages you picked up on your 'sweep' / close out?

Your boss can pad the numbers anyway (he or she) wants to...but if you do its falsifying records ...you will get fired & they will get a promotion!!!!

cino321

More time to deliver? Or an excuse to cut/not run a split car to handle the resi's that you are delivering with the extra time you have because your sup is sweeping your pick up? What about all the other pick up's they're sweeping on other drivers' routes. You're missing the big picture; that's why you're getting your chops broken for this post.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Which is still falsifying records.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

My UPS Store called for a sweep, filled up a U-Haul rental and I was told to take credit for all of the pkgs picked up (207).

Cough*cough* bull*****cough