Just so we're straight. Peak isnt an excuse for supervisors delivering, correct ??

wayfair

swollen member
Re: Just so we're straight. Peak isnt an excuse for supervisors delivering, correct ?

It really doesn't matter who gets credit for it as long as it was recorded accurately.

no no no... I used to do an air pick up for a co that was a feeder pickup... I'd scan the EOD, but only took credit for air picked up

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Re: Just so we're straight. Peak isnt an excuse for supervisors delivering, correct ?

First of all, I seriously doubt that they are intentionally misloading to build routes. Second, if they are indeed sending preloaders and drivers home and sups are loading/delivering grievances must certainly be filed; however, you are not the one who should be filing them. The employees directly impacted by this (the ones sent home) should file for the hours each sup is on road.

As for the bulk pickups sweeps, I have no problem with that. My UPS Store called for a sweep, filled up a U-Haul rental and I was told to take credit for all of the pkgs picked up (207). Pickups are grunt work and any help we can get on those gives us more time to deliver.

Guess what, it really doesn't matter what you think. You see there is a group of people that already decided if that is ok or not. They are know as the UPS/Teamster national negotiating committee. That is stealing money from the mouths of a fellow Teamster and someone should be filing a grievance for it. Once again, its ok for the company to tear up and throw away any part of the contract as long as it benefits Dave/Nancy!! You sicken me to have you as a member of MY UNION!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

Their poor planning isn't my emergency.
For the past few weeks, they've cut the hell out of the preload, we're all running around with 5-10 misloads (no joke, it's horrendous)

They're sending drivers home and the onroads are collecting misloads (in package cars, browned up) on road and delivering. They're each doing 70+ stops, now they're even sweeping our heavy pickups !! Started filing tonight and got "busted" as I wrote and told dont bother, they're allowed to during peak. I'm handing in tomorrow, I know it's bull. But just so we're 100% they can't send drivers home and run "misload" routes and pickups right? lol

We're also suspecting they're intentionally misloading so management can "build" routes on the road. I'm NOT joking, it's THAT bad.

No, it is not OK for management to work just because it's peak. File the grievance and see to it its heard!!

its contact year..they are going to do everything they can to CRAP ON ALL OF US! we have too many drivers who look the other way..skip lunches..lay in bed with management...and cry when they get a warning letter or get suspended

browned out

Wouldn't the proper way be for you to: scan the end of day report and enter the actual amount of packages you picked up on your 'sweep' / close out?

In the future if management directs you to falsify records or do anything that could be interpreted as dishonest; please; request management to call your cell and leave a voicemail directing you to do something that you think is/ or could be construed as falsification of records. Then work as directed. The diad message can mysteriously disappear. You should have only taken credit for what you picked up.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

In the future if management directs you to falsify records or do anything that could be interpreted as dishonest; please; request management to call your cell and leave a voicemail directing you to do something that you think is/ or could be construed as falsification of records. Then work as directed. The diad message can mysteriously disappear. You should have only taken credit for what you picked up.
Or simply take a picture of the message instructing you to do so. Cell phone calls with management are even harder to prove, DIAD messages with pictures aren't. This is one of the few reasons I do not communicate with management through cell phones.

browned out

If management delivers any packages; any driver can request and is entitled up to 12 hours of work.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

Over where I'm at the supervisors move around the helper boards. There a few drivers that come in and wonder why there was 40 more stops attached to their route than they actually did. It's all a numbers game. Work as directed. Take a picture of the DIAD message with your phone. That'll be proof enough.

menotyou

bella amicizia

fixed that for you

adequate staffing, top-pay, profits

pick two
Why can other companies do all three? Zappos, Southwest Airlines, Virgin, just to name a few. All have correct staffing, no worries about incorrect pay and, amazingly, have A1 employee approval ratings. Wow. It can be done. Go figure.

menotyou

bella amicizia

fixed that for you

pick two
Something I forgot to add, does the SEC know that numbers are being manipulated? Having sups do the job of collective bargaining employees is manipulating numbers. No matter how you look at it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

fixed that for youadequate staffing, top-pay, profitspick two
I agree, if UPS would cut much of the dead weight at the managerial level like yourself, we could have all three without violating the collective bargaining agreement.

In the future try and make your point without changing the contents of my post that you are quoting. It is a bush league move.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
fixed that for you

pick two
Something I forgot to add, does the SEC know that numbers are being manipulated? Having sups do the job of collective bargaining employees is manipulating numbers. No matter how you look at it.

The SEC or the government could not care less.
You are talking about a contractural term between two parties.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

Why can other companies do all three? Zappos, Southwest Airlines, Virgin, just to name a few. All have correct staffing, no worries about incorrect pay and, amazingly, have A1 employee approval ratings. Wow. It can be done. Go figure.

because they cheap out in many other areas, including pay and benefits

who said anything about "incorrect pay?" lol what does that even mean in this context?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

I agree, if UPS would cut much of the dead weight at the managerial level like yourself, we could have all three without violating the collective bargaining agreement.

In the future try and make your point without changing the contents of my post that you are quoting. It rustles my jimmies hard.

Fixed it for ya - you mad bro?

and cutting me would be wasteful, since i have the pay and hours of a part-timer and pick up many full-timer responsibilities so they can go home early

but even IF you did cut a lot of full-time management, you would be saving peanuts in the big picture

like it or not, our largest expenditures are on FT pay and benefits, and if UPS doesn't adequately staff, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

you mad bro?

and cutting me would be wasteful, since i have the pay and hours of a part-timer and pick up many full-timers laundry and do them many favors under the table and have the scarred up knees to prove it.

but even IF you did cut a lot of full-time management, I would still be fondling their peanuts in the big picture

like it or not, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why I am still part time

There, fixed it for you.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

There, fixed it for you.

-1/10, stale copypasta, get some OC, kiddo

1354436639552.jpg
1354436639552.jpg

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.

On a side not about peak...I'm tired. I mean just dead tired. No more please I pooped.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Don't you know that UPS is trying to run a business here...lol ....how many times have you heard that like UPS is the only company making money. BTW...you are looking lovely in your Santa outfit