Just so we're straight. Peak isnt an excuse for supervisors delivering, correct ??

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Re: Just so we're straight. Peak isnt an excuse for supervisors delivering, correct ?

Agree and disagree. We have every swinging appendage and a few others working. We have trainess on the road, some just started. Sups with them every day. At this point, I call it an emergency condition. Im not available for any more work, and I wont have any hours left for Sat, which they asked us to sign up for today. This is when I have no problem with it. We have guys off on FMLA and several out with the flu. Helper loads were cut today. No drivers. No way to plan for that. Any other time, sure. But I dont want to be the poor sob called at 8pm, to go help out, or pick up a bulk stop. They win, Im beat, Merry Christmas.
If they hired more people, they would be sitting by their phones for no call. I wouldnt want to be that guy, who gets called in for one day at peak. They hire conservatively, that makes sense to me.

Re: Just so we're straight. Peak isnt an excuse for supervisors delivering, correct ?

maybe you will notice when you get a 7 day layoff notice after peek. Merry Christmas..get a job at Walmart if you dont care

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

We have at least 7 off. at least one on fmla, and others with flu, I dont want them there I dont want the germs on me!! We have 51 other weeks to grieve mgmt and bad decisions, lets do it then. This week , I give the slack, no one could plan for this. We have people depending on their stuff getting there, I plan to do that. I dont care if God picks up my air or pieces, I just want to make it to the end. Then we can go back to being militant, and adhere to the contract. For now, let it be. It wont work anyway in our case coz they have everyone working that is available and legal. And BTW, we have drivers who lost their dot cards and could not drive. How convienient, and what repercussions will they receive?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

maybe you will notice when you get a 7 day layoff notice after peek. Merry Christmas..get a job at Walmart if you dont care
I dont worry about a lay off notice. I certainly dont need some snot nose youngster telling me how to think. Go brush up on your manners while you write your worthless Christmas grievances.And it is peak, not peek

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia

because they cheap out in many other areas, including pay and benefits

who said anything about "incorrect pay?" lol what does that even mean in this context?
Actually, they pay very well. Their benny's are outstanding. Step away from the Kool-aid.

menotyou

bella amicizia

The SEC or the government could not care less.
You are talking about a contractural term between two parties.
If those numbers in any way affect that stock price, which they do, then they would be very interested.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only numbers the SEC concerns itself with are those on the annual financial statement. While they may look at our operational numbers, which I highly doubt, they couldn't care less how those numbers are achieved. They couldn't care less that a supervisor is making a sweep at a UPS Store and directing the driver to take credit for all of the packages picked up when they close out the account that day.

menotyou

bella amicizia

The only numbers the SEC concerns itself with are those on the annual financial statement. While they may look at our operational numbers, which I highly doubt, they couldn't care less how those numbers are achieved. They couldn't care less that a supervisor is making a sweep at a UPS Store and directing the driver to take credit for all of the packages picked up when they close out the account that day.
We all know that you are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

By the way, when are the Mayans sending the death rays oh wizard of knowledge and wonder?

menotyou

bella amicizia

We have at least 7 off. at least one on fmla, and others with flu, I dont want them there I dont want the germs on me!! We have 51 other weeks to grieve mgmt and bad decisions, lets do it then. This week , I give the slack, no one could plan for this. We have people depending on their stuff getting there, I plan to do that. I dont care if God picks up my air or pieces, I just want to make it to the end. Then we can go back to being militant, and adhere to the contract. For now, let it be. It wont work anyway in our case coz they have everyone working that is available and legal. And BTW, we have drivers who lost their dot cards and could not drive. How convienient, and what repercussions will they receive?
I agree that the packages have to be delivered. I don't want Grama's present sitting on the dock because I didn't want my center manager delivering.

Nimnim

The Nim

In my facility for the last week on our twilight and midnight sorts we've had supervisors working. We've also had a lot of hourlies working doubles. Any grievance for supervisors working this last week will not be honored because of the people available for double shifts have worked and the hiring has been up for peak. This year management didn't miss peak coming for my facility. It might not have been handled the best, but contractually they fulfilled their obligations and if volume exceeded expectations they took the contractual obligations seriously and did what they had to do, and when that wasn't enough they called in pt sups from other shifts to do hourly work. I won't fault them for making a real, not just a halfhearted, effort to follow the contract and still not being able to meet expectations.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Tonight a sup and an hourly came to get my pick ups and saturday air. We did not get our air til 330. We are working tomorrow. I so did not want to but I volunteered hopefully to let some youngster with kids and family be able to enjoy them and not have to work. @ drivers came back who were still visibly sick, I said a prayer for them as its hard enough when you are feeling good.
What really got me was the new guy, cover driver, bitching up a storm. Because it was 7 oclock and he just wanted to go home. Yes he put in a lot of hours today, but not quite ready for prime time. I did the same thing when I was pt, complain I dont get enough hours and complain when I did. Its a viscious circle. We always want what we dont have.
I guess we didnt get all our air today, overwhelmed, no room dont send it here. Sat should be fun, I dont have many hours left, Monday will be a nightmare.
Merry Christmas!