Just tried the chat room?????????

rod

Retired 22 years
I tried it a few years ago but I type too slow. By the time I answered a question the group had moved on to other things. I felt like I was talking to a wall. :-)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ever use ventrillo for voice chat? We used/use it a lot for online video games. Nothing like 30 peeps in vent talking and 5 drunk ones to make fun of. One thing for sure, if you are a chick in vent and say something, expect to have the floor.

curiousbrain

Ever use ventrillo for voice chat? We used/use it a lot for online video games. Nothing like 30 peeps in vent talking and 5 drunk ones to make fun of. One thing for sure, if you are a chick in vent and say something, expect to have the floor.

My brother, his wife, and I used to play all sorts of online games with Vent ... she would get hammered, and people would put up with so much crap because she was female; was quite amusing and simultaneously infuriating because any male would be smacked with the ban hammer if they pulled half of what she did.

edit: Examples include raid wipes in WoW/AoC/etc, TK in Americas Army, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Ayep, funny thing is if the chick sucks at whatever game it was, it was cool because, well she's a chick. Had a Aussie chick that was the flirt of vent, she would get all kinds of leeway when it came to screwing up. It was annoying when you were trying to accomplish something, otherwise it was funny to watch her play the younger guys like a fiddle. I was immune to her charms and laid the hammer down on her, it only made her try harder.

Vent servers are extremely cheap to rent, maybe that's something to look into. Last I checked it was like 9bucks a month for a 30 man.

curiousbrain

I feel the need to, in the absence of my brother, defend his wifes honor - she is a badass gamer when she has not been drinking; when she has, though, all bets are off.

You are a better man than I; I've been ... "shown the door" ... several times by, shall we say, not thinking with my brain.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Most of the guys we played with didnt have jobs or ones of much meaning. The ones that did were the ones paying for vent, and were the admins of the servers. We'd let stuff go on until it got annoying and then start muting people. Fridays were drunken game night, we even put a Message of the day when you came in saying "enter at your own risk, adult supervision is suggested"

curiousbrain

I miss those times.

Perhaps, next weekend, I'll buy a case of beer and play some AA or something. I'll get pwned all night, but it'll be worth it.

My brother, his wife, and I used to play all sorts of online games with Vent ... she would get hammered, and people would put up with so much crap because she was female; was quite amusing and simultaneously infuriating because any male would be smacked with the ban hammer if they pulled half of what she did.

edit: Examples include raid wipes in WoW/AoC/etc, TK in Americas Army, etc.

Ayep, funny thing is if the chick sucks at whatever game it was, it was cool because, well she's a chick. Had a Aussie chick that was the flirt of vent, she would get all kinds of leeway when it came to screwing up. It was annoying when you were trying to accomplish something, otherwise it was funny to watch her play the younger guys like a fiddle. I was immune to her charms and laid the hammer down on her, it only made her try harder.

Vent servers are extremely cheap to rent, maybe that's something to look into. Last I checked it was like 9bucks a month for a 30 man.

I feel the need to, in the absence of my brother, defend his wifes honor - she is a badass gamer when she has not been drinking; when she has, though, all bets are off.

You are a better man than I; I've been ... "shown the door" ... several times by, shall we say, not thinking with my brain.

Sounds sexy

curiousbrain

Sounds sexy

You have no idea. You haven't felt arousal until you've been metaphorically talked dirty to by a female Night Elf Warrior in chain mail while battling a raid boss at 3AM after fifteen beers while its 80 degrees outside with twenty people listening and wearing fuzzy boots in real life.

Nimnim

The Nim
You have no idea. You haven't felt arousal until you've been metaphorically talked dirty to by a female Night Elf Warrior in chain mail while battling a raid boss at 3AM after fifteen beers while its 80 degrees outside with twenty people listening and wearing fuzzy boots in real life.

Been there, done that, but she was Australian. Heck of an accent.