Just used my insurance for the first time since switching to Team Care.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I believe the specs of the plan was available before the votes. Nothing on BC has been a surprise to anyone who read the summary of the plan.

Some peoples got better, some peoples lessened a little. Now everybody is basically on the same plan, something that is the union way, now get over it.

The specs were there. Reread my old posts. I tried to point some out.

Most people just relied on their union president to not lie to them.

The reason some people got better plans?

Because people like me who fought to keep what we had.

Because of people like me, Hoffa increased benefits for all of you.

I'm fine with giving up some so that the rest of you could get more, but it never should have come to that. You should have fought to get what I had. But there was no fight in you.

Since you just rolled over and took what Hoffa gave you, I lost.

And no, I am not getting over it. Things can change in 2018.

upschuck

The specs were there. Reread my old posts. I tried to point some out.

Most people just relied on their union president to not lie to them.

The reason some people got better plans?

Because people like me who fought to keep what we had.

Because of people like me, Hoffa increased benefits for all of you.

I'm fine with giving up some so that the rest of you could get more, but it never should have come to that. You should have fought to get what I had. But there was no fight in you.

Since you just rolled over and took what Hoffa gave you, I lost.

And no, I am not getting over it. Things can change in 2018.
You can be bitter if you like, I choose not to be. I have a good job, with good benefits that I pay nothing for. Do I wish that I got everything better for free? yes, but with master passed, and no strike possible, nothing was going to change.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You can be bitter if you like, I choose not to be. I have a good job, with good benefits that I pay nothing for. Do I wish that I got everything better for free? yes, but with master passed, and no strike possible, nothing was going to change.

I'm not bitter. I will just fight for what I believe in. Always have, always will.

I lost the fight in 2013. I can admit it. I may lose the fight in 2018. Only time will tell.

But I will not roll over and let Hoffa stick it to me without a fight.

upschuck

I'm not bitter. I will just fight for what I believe in. Always have, always will.

I lost the fight in 2013. I can admit it. I may lose the fight in 2018. Only time will tell.

But I will not roll over and let Hoffa stick it to me without a fight.
I can admire that. I wish we had another option.

BrownArmy

I've always been in Teamster-run healthcare - Local 25.

I saw virtually no change in my insurance after this contract.

I feel for those who lost out - are there any who found improvements in their healthcare?

Asking out of ignorance.

rod

Retired 22 years
Zero until I go on Medicare ... not sure then.

Aren't you on Medicare yet? I thought you were old enough. It costs me $98 a month (deducted out of my Social Security and $106 for a very good supplemental BC/BS policy. Been on it for a little over two years and still haven't paid a dime for anything extra. Everything has been fully covered. I get my meds through the VA.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Aren't you on Medicare yet? I thought you were old enough. It costs me $98 a month (deducted out of my Social Security and $106 for a very good supplemental BC/BS policy. Been on it for a little over two years and still haven't paid a dime for anything extra. Everything has been fully covered. I get my meds through the VA.
60 years old ... for another month.