Just used my insurance for the first time since switching to Team Care.

bl04a

Wow ... my wife broke her foot and when we went to Emergency room, we did not have to pay anything.
I talked to a Teamcare representative last week. He explained to me that an ER visit is covered at 100% if the visit is for an injury such as stitches, broken bones, etc but 80% for visits such as chest pains, stomach pains or anything that is not a bodily injury.

rod

Retired 22 years
I talked to a Teamcare representative last week. He explained to me that an ER visit is covered at 100% if the visit is for an injury such as stitches, broken bones, etc but 80% for visits such as chest pains, stomach pains or anything that is not a bodily injury.

That sounds stupid

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Correct.

An injury is 100%

An illness is 80%

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Uh....

Name, address, and phone # ??

A percentage of the membership.... might want to contact you. :biggrin:

-Bug-

How about everyone who voted no on the Central Region Supplement and the couple others that were turned down more than once.

The master had everyone going into Teamcare C6 plan.

Hoffa did not "upgrade" it to the enhanced C6 plan until he realized that he had to up the ante to try and get these supplements passed.

So it was not me alone, there were thousands of us that got everyone moved up to the enhanced plan by holding out for better medical.

10 point

An illness that warrants an admission to the hospital is covered 100% also.
I'm not sure how else they're supposed to get people to stop going to the ER for things they shouldn't.
For all the doctors offices to be open 24/7. That would work. So you treat symptoms that depict an emergency situation as a possible emergency.
Some areas don't have 'DR's Care" nonemergency services and some issues that could be life threatening should not be diagnosed by your family members.

What he's saying is that our plan got worse but the company's net profits are better than it was (x5) twenty yrs ago and our other plan had less restrictions.

The whole truth (not that we got it) didn't change the outcome.

It was handled poorly from the get go.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
For all the doctors offices to be open 24/7. That would work.
Some areas don't have 'DR's Care" nonemergency services.
I get what you're saying.
The problem, for any insurance program, is that the people who abuse it make it unsustainable for the people who don't. Getting admitted to the hospital is a lot harder than it used to be actually for that exact reason. The new trick is to put you "under observation" for up to 24 hours, then never admit you and stick you with the bill (medicare has the same admittance requirements for coverage of ER visits).
This is total BS if you ask me. If the doctor can't be sure whether your illness is serious, how the hell were you supposed to?
There should also be an exception for chest pains too that's not even debatable.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I get what you're saying.
The problem, for any insurance program, is that the people who abuse it make it unsustainable for the people who don't. Getting admitted to the hospital is a lot harder than it used to be actually for that exact reason. The new trick is to put you "under observation" for up to 24 hours, then never admit you and stick you with the bill (medicare has the same admittance requirements for coverage of ER visits).
This is total BS if you ask me. If the doctor can't be sure whether your illness is serious, how the hell were you supposed to?
There should also be an exception for chest pains too that's not even debatable.

There should also be an exception during the times that your doctor's office or an urgent care isn't open.

What do you do at 2:00 am? You have no choice unless you want to wait 6 hours and possibly die.

I would loved to have taken my son to his doctor and paid my $10. At 2:00 am I was limited to the ER and had to pay $800.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not sure how else they're supposed to get people to stop going to the ER for things they shouldn't.

Our local added a $100 ER co-pay several years ago to try to get the members to stop using the ER for sniffles. Our healthcare costs dropped dramatically.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
obama-health-care-plan1.jpg

BrownBrokeDown

As it was explained to me by Teamcare, you go into ER with chest pain. If the chest pain turns out to be a heart attack they pay 100%, but if its one of the multide of things that can cause chest pain that are not as severe and the ER releases you then its 80%. Basically we are supposed to self-diagnose before seeing the doctor...

EmraldArcher

Something else I haven't seen anyone mention, $1,000 might not seem like a lot to 30 year drivers making six figures but that can be a months salary to a part timer. Adjust that $1,000 to whatever 8.33% of YOUR salary is and see if it still doesn't seem like a lot.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Something else I haven't seen anyone mention, $1,000 might not seem like a lot to 30 year drivers making six figures but that can be a months salary to a part timer. Adjust that $1,000 to whatever 8.33% of YOUR salary is and see if it still doesn't seem like a lot.

And in less than 2 years, the $200/$400 deductible starts.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Where else do you suggest I go for sudden severe chest pain at 11 PM?

From personal experience, your first move is to kick the teenagers out, shoot unruly neighbors and hid your wallet from the wife. If your lucky, you get this done before 9PM, go to bed by 10PM, and hopefully, your chest pain is a gas bubble working its way to its proper spot.