Just walked out of UPS

I lasted 7 months as a pre-loader with no mention of advancement or a pay raise.

How I lasted these last 7 months is beyond me, but lately the stress and straight up lies have gotten to me. Once I felt my chest tighten I knew it was time to quit. Am I gonna have to return this stupid brown jacket or can I toss it in the back of my closet for the rest of time?

Also, UPS is a joke. I once got yelled at for taking my 15 minute break when the line was done where my manager said, and I quote "NO, NO, NO, YOU CAN'T SIT DOWN, YOU CAN'T TAKE A BREAK!" really? like ever? apparently not!

anyway, so long UPS, I hated you from the start

oldngray

nowhere special
Wat.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I lasted 7 months as a pre-loader with no mention of advancement or a pay raise.

How I lasted these last 7 months is beyond me, but lately the stress and straight up lies have gotten to me. Once I felt my chest tighten I knew it was time to quit. Am I gonna have to return this stupid brown jacket or can I toss it in the back of my closet for the rest of time?

Also, UPS is a joke. I once got yelled at for taking my 15 minute break when the line was done where my manager said, and I quote "NO, NO, NO, YOU CAN'T SIT DOWN, YOU CAN'T TAKE A BREAK!" really? like ever? apparently not!

vlt.gif

I was here 7 months, I should be a full-rate driver by now !!!!!!!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Advancements and pay raises are a guaranteed part of the union contract. If you knew you were getting short changed you should have filed a grievance. I'm glad this place has worked out for me but I know that chest-tightening feeling from other jobs I've had and it's not pleasant; you gotta do what you gotta do.

I did the same exact thing after 7 months and boy did/have regret it.. I suggest you either try and walk back in there and try and get it back or call them or something..

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

5IcYN2k.png

HardknocksUPSer

Quit being a wussy, it's only 4hrs a day it sucks but people like you don't see the big picture, besides when you applied it asked if you could do physical activity for long periods of time, amagine the thought of you just making a $80,000 a year mistake, I don't like the work neither but it's all about attitude, I work for Friday. For me UPS is the only way out because I refuse to go to college and flippin burgers ain't for me..

Last edited by a moderator: