Just walked out of UPS

PT Car Washer

You need to think this over properly. At UPS you look at the big picture that lies ahead. There are not many other jobs that offer what UPS does without having a college degree. If you have not been terminated yet then I suggest you go back and appologize to your manager and supervisors and ask if they will let you stay.
If you hate the job that much just go on with life. Not worth it for $40 a day minus taxes and Union dues.

ChrisTheBrown

I'm only 19 months in, not a day that goes by where I don't feel like quitting..Like mentioned above, I'm looking down the road to the bigger picture, that's what keeps me going. College didn't work out for me, I tried several different career fields, the military, civil service exams. Long story short, after 3 seasonal helper runs, I realized that UPS was the only answer for me. I'm not complaining though, I actually enjoy the job, I just get easily discouraged at times. ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE, AMEN TO THAT.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HardknocksUPSer

I'm only 19 months in, not a day that goes by where I don't feel like quitting..Like mentioned above, I'm looking down the road to the bigger picture, that's what keeps me going. College didn't work out for me, I tried several different career fields, the military, civil service exams. Long story short, after 3 seasonal helper runs, I realized that UPS was the only answer for me. I'm not complaining though, I actually enjoy the job, I just get easily discouraged at times. ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE, AMEN TO THAT.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I feeling like quitting as soon as I get slammed with 65 RDR's right off the bat In the morning, then I remember in 4hrs I can walk out of there with no burden of that place on my shoulders, that's why I like the job, it's not one that goes home with me everyday like others I've had do.

ChrisTheBrown

I feeling like quitting as soon as I get slammed with 65 RDR's right off the bat In the morning, then I remember in 4hrs I can walk out of there with no burden of that place on my shoulders, that's why I like the job, it's not one that goes home with me everyday like others I've had do.

Exactly. Just have to focus on one package at a time, while loading pc's, delivering, or whatever..I am always up for the new challenges each day.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You need to think this over properly. At UPS you look at the big picture that lies ahead. There are not many other jobs that offer what UPS does without having a college degree. If you have not been terminated yet then I suggest you go back and appologize to your manager and supervisors and ask if they will let you stay.
That's exactly why I left, because I felt trapped and this is what people only have to say.

laffter

Y not? Everyone else has an iPhone.

Some time ago, someone I know was arrested. When he got out of jail (downtown), he was walking to a convenience store through where all of the homeless people congregate. He said every one of them had a smart phone. I'm employed, live in a house, and I haven't had a cellphone for several years because I can't afford one. Makes perfect sense.

Damn government handouts.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's a brown meat-grinder. Those who succeed are usually the ones with the best sense of humor. The Mommas boys and "why me" crowd have a hard time----as they will through out their life.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its not fair. He's worked 7 months and doesn't have a new house and car like everyone else has.
This is what happens when a generation grows up with everything at their fingertips.

Just wait til we have a generation that grows up with 3D printers in their homes.

sportsjock

Well I felt like quitting also during my first few months but never did. After many many years of serving in the Military, pledging fraternities in college. UPS can't put anything on me I can't handle. Yes I have college degrees, made my share of money back in the day during the dot.com era. Set myself up financially. In the corporate sector I got tired of working long hours, and seating behind a damn desk, being on call for the same amount of money every two weeks. Although it was good money. At UPS not only do I get paid for working long hours, I get my money every Friday. Love that!! They've asked me several times to go into management and my responds to them was. "Why would I want to do that"? I see how management is treated. Not interested!! I worked Pre-load two years before becoming a driver. By the time I finished my 30 days I was at top rate. I took advantage of the opportunities. I worked Pre-load and did utility work everyday but Friday's. So I made it work for me.

One veteran driver have always told me."You have to quarterback your own game at UPS" and that I do. I don't have any issues with management nor do I suck up to them. Not my style!! They know if they pile it on they will pay. Very simple!!

Another thing during my first year of driving. I made it my purpose to learn all of the high seniority drivers routes. Because they are off all the time and I have a temporary home. Now I have my own route and it's all good. It's hard work but not for everyone. I just remembered what the vet driver told me. You have to quarterback your own game.