Just walked out of UPS

Boulevard859710

vlt.gif

I was here 7 months, I should be a full-rate driver by now !!!!!!!
I passed my 7th month on Oct. 8, 1995. Lol

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yup, it's hilarious when hubby brings home $1300 for the week after taxes.
You again? Don't you have a networking site of your own instead of hijacking a forum that should be for your uninvolved husband. Wait, aren't you the one who was complaining about her husband not working / getting hours so it really must be hilarious when you see his $1300 check.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I lasted 7 months as a pre-loader with no mention of advancement or a pay raise.

How I lasted these last 7 months is beyond me, but lately the stress and straight up lies have gotten to me. Once I felt my chest tighten I knew it was time to quit. Am I gonna have to return this stupid brown jacket or can I toss it in the back of my closet for the rest of time?

Also, UPS is a joke. I once got yelled at for taking my 15 minute break when the line was done where my manager said, and I quote "NO, NO, NO, YOU CAN'T SIT DOWN, YOU CAN'T TAKE A BREAK!" really? like ever? apparently not!

anyway, so long UPS, I hated you from the start
And you got on the internet to tell us? Why?

ChrisTheBrown

You again? Don't you have a networking site of your own instead of hijacking a forum that should be for your uninvolved husband. Wait, aren't you the one who was complaining about her husband not working / getting hours so it really must be hilarious when you see his $1300 check.
Agreed..

Tell the hubby that his brown brothers here at BC said hello.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Xenogears

7 months? Why are you complaining on this forum when you've only worked 7 months. I've been waiting 4 years doing part time now, and I'm still patient enough to wait. If you're looking for a good paying, well respected job with benefits that doesn't require an education, good luck. BTW, you're complaining to a group that has gone through much more than you have, so I think you should look for sympathy elsewhere.

Xenogears

If you're talking to me, I'm 3rd from the top in my center seniority. Shouldn't be long now. We're currently hiring 2 new drivers, and if 1 passes it up, I'm driving.

tacken

4 years, it wasn't too bad. Needed a second job, but heck, it kept me in great shape. Nothing like getting paid to work out.
Agian good luck. Still 4 years a long ass time.. Keep that positive thinking when you go driving, you will need it hahahaha.

Xenogears

Agian good luck. Still 4 years a long ass time.. Keep that positive thinking when you go driving, you will need it hahahaha.
I know man, I've seen what the job does to people from the stress. My dad was a ups driver for 30 years. With all that being said, I still want to drive. It's hard to beat that pay and those benefits without a college education.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
4 years, it wasn't too bad. Needed a second job, but heck, it kept me in great shape. Nothing like getting paid to work out.

I know this may sound crazy, but you really should wait until you've passed 5 years of PT so that you'd get a PT pension on top of a FT pension later on down the road.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know this may sound crazy, but you really should wait until you've passed 5 years of PT so that you'd get a PT pension on top of a FT pension later on down the road.

I may be wrong but don't they combine the two when determining your years of service and monthly pension amount?