Just walked out of UPS

rod

Retired 22 years
So you can retire as part time with a pension? At what 50 years of service?

My old center just had 2 gals retire at either 37 or 38 years as part timers. One was a clerk and the other a porter. They both were making full time senior driver wages and had 7 weeks paid vacation each with full medical for their families. Not a bad gig for part time but they worked under the OLD contract. That wouldn't happen today. I'm not sure what they get as pension.

My old center just had 2 gals retire at either 37 or 38 years as part timers. One was a clerk and the other a porter. They both were making full time senior driver wages and had 7 weeks paid vacation each with full medical for their families. Not a bad gig for part time but they worked under the OLD contract. That wouldn't happen today. I'm not sure what they get as pension.
The latest contract raised the monthly pension from $1925 to $2100 a month. Several contracts before they lowered the number of hours for a full year to 750. Plus the company pension plan is in a lot better shape then Central States.

rod

Retired 22 years
The latest contract raised the monthly pension from $1925 to $2100 a month. Several contracts before they lowered the number of hours for a full year to 750. Plus the company pension plan is in a lot better shape then Central States.

Everything is in a lot better shape than Central States.

Boulevard859710

So you can retire as part time with a pension? At what 50 years of service?
No I've been full time for 15 years. That's how they calculate your partying service and add it to your full time for your total full time. I've been with the company almost 20 years but only 18 years full time according to their formula.