just want someones thoughts

smallsort490

i work in the springfield mo center part time the driver list is a 5 year wait i have been there 4 years the branson center is 20mins away the last driver hired down there only work 2 years up until last year we could switch to branson if we wanted but in the middle of the contract ups told us no more transfers the bad part about this is its kind of all the same senority list sorry dont know all the details just a few of us wanted to know if we had anyright to file on this our uion rep couldnt care less about us parttimers thnx

raceanoncr

i work in the springfield mo center part time the driver list is a 5 year wait i have been there 4 years the branson center is 20mins away the last driver hired down there only work 2 years up until last year we could switch to branson if we wanted but in the middle of the contract ups told us no more transfers the bad part about this is its kind of all the same senority list sorry dont know all the details just a few of us wanted to know if we had anyright to file on this our uion rep couldnt care less about us parttimers thnx

It looks like you BETTER get all the details if you want to go after it. You claim you don't know all the details but want to know if you have any rights to file. Don't mean to be kinda snippy here but how can you file on anything if you don't have all the details? It may be with your union rep, that it looks like they don't care about you part-timers when in reality, you just don't give them enough ammunition to shoot with!

Get the whole picture, THEN go after the right thing. If union rep doesn't do it, go over their head! If it's this important to you, get down to brass tacks!

drewed

Shankman
Dip and Doop why dont you answer the question then?
Its not very likely unless its built into a local supplement, and as vague as this post is, I answered vaguely.

SuperSup

It's not "kind of the same seniority list". It's a different building. Transfer if you want, but you'll go to the bottom of the list at the new center. Then, right before you go friend/t, transfer again. Perhaps you'll drive before you retire.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

It's not "kind of the same seniority list". It's a different building. Transfer if you want, but you'll go to the bottom of the list at the new center. Then, right before you go friend/t, transfer again. Perhaps you'll drive before you retire.

Drewed and Troll,

How do you know their local policies? I certainly don't and do not claim to.

The best way to transfer is to claim transfer fo education reasons. This, if it's the same union local, would be the smartest way to go about moving between buildings in hopes of driving while keeping seniority. (that I know of)

In New England, you don't lose seniority by switching buildings, shifts, etc as long as it is the same local.

drewed

Shankman
Its not very likely unless its built into a local supplement, and as vague as this post is, I answered vaguely.
I said it wasnt very likely he could pull that off, thats it
Drewed and Troll,

The best way to transfer is to claim transfer fo education reasons. This, if it's the same union local, would be the smartest way to go about moving between buildings in hopes of driving while keeping seniority. (that I know of)

In New England, you don't lose seniority by switching buildings, shifts, etc as long as it is the same local.
I dont see it very likely that he'd get an educational transfer for a 20 min drive, and to claim an educational when you want to be a ft driver? and to claim and not go is unethical and you could be fired for an integrity issue

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I dont see it very likely that he'd get an educational transfer for a 20 min drive, and to claim an educational when you want to be a ft driver? and to claim and not go is unethical and you could be fired for an integrity issue

Nice negative approach, on the bottom part. Why don't you try to help instead of just saying "i doubt it" and moving on?

The problem with your first statement is exactly right! You said he wasn't likely to pull it off and that's all. waste of space if you ask me.

drewed

Shankman
And you havent done any better except telling him to acquire a transfer under fall pretenses, in which he could get fired. He asked for someones thoughts that what I gave him hes in a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty situation but he has to deal with it.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Who cares about what personal decisions are made except the employee? That is none of your business, nor mione, nor UPSs, nor the union. The employee is putting in the time and work hours and has apparently made seniority, therefore they have a right to utilize the policies in place to better themselves. That is the reason for transfers due to education. Just because he has a better shot of driving in another center does not mean that is unethical , it is intelligence if anything ( better odds of personal success)

IDoLessWorkThanMost

And you havent done any better except telling him to acquire a transfer under fall pretenses, in which he could get fired. He asked for someones thoughts that what I gave him hes in a :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty situation but he has to deal with it.

There is no false pretense if he is enrolled in a higher education program and is authorized to transfer. Please tell me about one case, just one, where a union employee was fired due to false pretenses in which he was attempting a transfer for educational purposes. Give one specific example.

drewed

Shankman
Why must you always try to argue? seriously he asked for someones thoughts/opinions thats what he got. It is false pretenses you said claim to be going to school, if hes not he gets a transfer, they find out he lied, why wouldnt they fire him? if hes going to lie to trying to better himself what else would he lie about?

And I dont need to give you examples theres a dozen threads about educational transfer.s

smallsort490

thank you all for ur answers. im about 3 ppl away from driving so its not that big of a deal its just sucks that i worked for 4 yrs and then some guy worked for 2 i mean more power to him but it just all sux i just didnt know if anyone had ever heard of somthing like that before in there center its a ? that u ask ppl in the center and they dont have any answers just thought u guys might thnx

chopstic

Does your driver list only apply to the center you work??? Over here in portland, OR- you sign up to the list and it places you in order of seniority for the whole district.

chopstic

Drewed and Troll,

Could I get a confirmation on this... This would be awesome! I want to transfer to a center that is only 20 min. away from my center AND is part of our same local, but is split into a different district by UPS. They told me I would lose my bidding seniority by transferring.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Could I get a confirmation on this... This would be awesome! I want to transfer to a center that is only 20 min. away from my center AND is part of our same local, but is split into a different district by UPS. They told me I would lose my bidding seniority by transferring.

It's interesting, I would call your local and ask them. As far as UPS goes, diff district might mean starting over. Good question though!