Just what my name says...Im OUT!!!

vantexan

you probably could should since you make close to $10/hr more than I do, you should work harder.
That was something I came to believe more and more. Topped out not only made alot more, but due to seniority got out of alot of crap work. Throw in better retirement, more vacation and first pick, better bonuses, paying the same for insurance even though they made considerably more, and everything is lopsidedly unfair for mid-range employees. If they are truly worth so much more than mid-range then they should have to do more for their money.

MAKAVELI

That was something I came to believe more and more. Topped out not only made alot more, but due to seniority got out of alot of crap work. Throw in better retirement, more vacation and first pick, better bonuses, paying the same for insurance even though they made considerably more, and everything is lopsidedly unfair for mid-range employees. If they are truly worth so much more than mid-range then they should have to do more for their money.
Exactly. If not more, at least the same. I see old timer UPS drivers who do twice as much as any veteran at Fedex.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
unfortunately management for the most part has no guts when it comes to motivating some of these old folks.
That's because they've done such a spectacular job DE-motivating us "old folks" over the years. You can't keep constantly taking away all the while expecting more and expect us to be motivated... You reap what you sow.

Fredward obviously doesn't give a crap about having quality employees in his Express outfit anymore, as evidenced by the current crop of newhires. And his tactics are obviously designed to push senior employees out the door. Some managers are at least smart enough to realize - 'what's there to possibly get motivated about?'

overflowed

This argument is dumber than a ground driver. This is what they want from you all and you know it. However, even on your free time you guys bicker about dumb arsse shiite. I will tell you what a swing once asked me. He said "tell me how you do your route so I work as little as I have to." This makes sense for all.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
This argument is dumber than a ground driver. This is what they want from you all and you know it. However, even on your free time you guys bicker about dumb arsse shiite. I will tell you what a swing once asked me. He said "tell me how you do your route so I work as little as I have to." This makes sense for all.
just wait'll next week...blue-eyed couriers are smarter than brown-eyed couriers.

bbsam

Staff member
See? Maybe your whole assumption that Express drivers are so much smarter really is crap after all. Hell, without me or other Ground folks to fight with, you just gnaw on each other.That's not a reflection of Ground, not a reflection of FDX, not a reflection of Fred...it is a reflection of Express in the process of it becoming exactly what Fred wants.