Just when I thought UPS couldn't screw us any worse... Addison, IL Hub closing for 2 years.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Chicago is an expensive city to get around, practically all the highways have tolls.

No tolls and cheaper gas in Ohio.

Question for OP : How much will an IPass cost you a month? I'd try getting the union to pay for that (at least) for everyone being transferred to other hubs. Would help a bit cover the additional travel costs.
(At least)? Why do you think the union should pay for UPS's decision to renovate Addison? How about UPS paying for the IPass.

I-Pass doesn't cost a thing per month unless you go through a toll. Then it saves you 50% of the cash price of the toll.
UPS paying for it? They'll hand you a map and tell you to take an alternate path.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't have to work there to ask if there were rumors in that facility.

You would think in a facility that big there had to be rumors way before the letter came out.
And I told you I knew about it before it was posted on BC and BEFORE the letter came out. Obviously, there were some rumors beforehand. Read much?

oldbrownguy

Ok, I am an East Coast guy. Long time UPSer. And, I dont have a horse in this race. So I ask this, what does Addison do that CACH can't? Is it too far away? Not trying to be a wise guy, just trying to get the big picture. I have 35 years in and have seen it all. So, I am NOT drinking the cool aid. I am trying to get the facts so I can form my own opinion. We all know that UPS does what they think is right for them, not us. I look forward to the comments.
Thanks everyone..

F

FrigidAdCorrector

So I ask this, what does Addison do that CACH can't?
I know for smalls Addison got all the Illinois volume, while CACH got stuff that was to be sorted to other states. But even that has changed in the last month. Pretty much all of our stuff east of the Mississippi get's sorted to CACH.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
True I didn't know you are in NY. This thread is about
Addison, Illinois, not New York.

We are not talking about you.

Hope this helps.
You were babbling about my 40min+ commute to work isn't as expensive as the PTers in Addision who willl be transferred. But how could you possibly know that when you neither work at Addison, nor NY? Nice try.

Bottom rung

Hopefully when they're finished it will be big enough to handle our peak day twenty years from now. With volume capabilities like that you'll surely see more jobs even with all the new technology that the company puts in. There's a lot of bright sides to this. True, it sucks now. Maybe you'll like your new building better. Oh and isn't a 40 min commute in ny about twenty blocks?

watdaflock?

You were babbling about my 40min+ commute to work isn't as expensive as the PTers in Addision who willl be transferred. But how could you possibly know that when you neither work at Addison, nor NY? Nice try.

"That sucks, but driving 40 min to work as a PTer? I've been doing that for years."

Babbling? Comprehension isn't your strong point is it?
Nowhere did I say anything about your commute being less expensive.

All I'm saying is your travel situation is not the same as the OP. You say "I've been doing that for years" is moot.