Just when I thought UPS couldn't screw us any worse... Addison, IL Hub closing for 2 years.

TheFigurehead

Who knows. The whole thing has been a disaster. If sorting out who's going to work where has gone this badly, I can only imagine what kind of debacle we'll be thrown into come 1/12.

fres431

North bay is automated,but not running at full capacity. More like one third capacity. Volume shifts were crazy around peak to B, Oakland , Sac. North bay was to triple production being automated and having 50 percent less volume to process now it is closer to being able to keep up. I haven't heard if north bay will close to work out the bugs or not. I say build another hub in the areas that are growing like crazy. Then hire employees......our company makes profit this way now....no need to reinvent the wheel.
I over heard management talk about north bay, supposedly ups big wigs screwed this up and didn't hire:reserve same company that has previously installed ups "automated" hubs. That the company that did the nbay had no prior exp with ups automation