Just wondering

Indyracer

I got hired by ups freight in Indiana and go to orientation tomorrow. Just was wondering what to expect? Also my hours are like 4pm till 2or3 am after I get some time in would I be able to get on days? Or is that the hours for freight drivers? I will be driving tractor trailer. Thanks

sppollock

This all depends on your center and what you are hired to do. If you are hired as a p & d driver then with seniority you will be able to get on days. If you are a road driver then that is nights mostly, that could take many years to get to days. Good luck and welcome to UPS Freight.

It's a great job.....you'll love it....... The only thing is the pay stinks in the beginning, but it's well worth it when you hit top pay.....hang in there.... Good luck......

Sent using BrownCafe App

Gideon129

it all depends on what job you want to work and the terminal you got hired to work at.
if your at a end of line facility you'll have a good chance to get days fairly quick, if you got hired at a larger hub terminal it could take 15+ years to get on a day shift bid.
at hrs 129 there are dockworkers with 15- 16 years seniority that cant get a first shift bid .
then we have city drivers that have a 10am start with 3 or 4 years in.