K. Derby

moreluck

golden ticket member
Below are all of the Kentucky Derby 2010 post positions (jockeys in parentheses).

1. Lookin At Lucky (Garrett Gomez)
2. Ice Box (Jose Lezcano)
3. Noble's Promise (Willie Martinez)
4. Super Saver (Calvin Borel)
5. Line of David (Rafael Bejarano)
6. Stately Victor (Alan Garcia)
7. American Lion (David Flores)
8. Dean's Kitten (Robby Albarado)
9. Make Music for Me (Joel Rosario)
10. Paddy O'Prado (Kent Desormeaux)
11. Devil May Care (John Velazquez)
12. Conveyance (Martin Garcia)
13. Jackson Bend (Mike Smith)
14. Mission Impazible (Rajiv Maragh)
15. Discreetly Mine (Javier Castellano)
16. Awesome Act (Julien Leparoux)
17. Dublin (Terry Thompson)
18. Backtalk (Miguel Mena)
19. Homeboykris (Ramon Dominguez)
20. Sidney's Candy (Joe Talamo)

Who do you think will win ?? The Derby always is around my May 2nd birthday and I will be in Vegas May 2-5. I'll watch it on 100 TVs in the sports betting lounge.

moreluck

golden ticket member
FULL ODDS: (from Bodog Sports -- may differ from AP odds)
Lookin at Lucky 9/2
Icebox 18/1
Noble's Promise 14/1
Super Saver 14/1
Line of David 35/1
Stately Victor 35/1
American Lion 22/1
Deans Kitten 50/1
Make Music For Me 50/1
Paddy O'Prado 22/1
Devil May Care 12/1
Conveyance 16/1
Jackson Bend 14/1
Mission Impazible 16/1
Discreetly Mine 45/1
Awesome Act 10/1
Dublin 14/1
Backtalk 50/1
Homeboykris 60/1
Sidney's Candy 15/2​

rod

Retired 22 years
put a thousand on Homeboykris for me:happy2:--------60 to 1 -- damn- they may as well send that horse to the glue factory

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
My money is on Discreetly Mine. This longshot likes to play in the mud.

(Line of David - That name David causes me to swoon. I am waiting for either my mom or sister to call and warn me about this one...:anxious: )

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
In Kentucky, they love their Old Kentucky Home.

For me, it is Run for the Roses...

Dan Fogelberg died December 16, 2007 from prostate cancer.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Some might say the same things about a certain retiree is unable to move on.:surprised:

Go into the light! Go into the light!:happy2::happy-very::wink2:

Some do:happy2: ----------------------------------------------and some don't give a crap what the company :puppet:says.:happy2:

P

pickup

“I’ll Have Another” Wins the 138th Kentucky Derby

15 to 1 shot too. Paid 32 dollars and change. coming out of the stretch, it looked like Bodemeister had it. I had no money on the race, it was nice to watch a race objectively.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Stewie had the horse recieved multiple texts while I was on my annual golf outing to Ocean City Maryland thanking me for the tip. Stopped by Dover Downs on the way down to put a a few fazoules on "I'll Have Another " meself . The Horse won the Santa Anita Derby and has good bloodlines. No sense betting a horse with short odds when you are only laying a few. Go for the horse where you can make some $$.

P

pickup

No sense betting a horse with short odds when you are only laying a few. Go for the horse where you can make some $$.

Agreed, in a 20 horse race with quality horses, anything can happen. The favorite , Union Rags, had a bad start and got pinched between horses and ended up, like so many horses with "traffic problems" . In a field of 7 horses, Union Rags could have easily overcome that bad start .

The bigger the field, the more tempting (and logical) it is to bet against the favorite.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I could care less which horse wins, I just like looking at all the women in the crowd wearing the funny hats.

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought it was funny that they wouldn't let you bring in back-packs or large purses but they let the ladies wear hats large enough to hide a tank under