Keep Well Hydrated

bacha29

X ground doesn't care if it's + 100F they don't have a nickel's worth of risk or liability resting on the guy who's out there dropping over from heat exhaustion . Now if the contractor who is incurring all the risk wanted to pull his guys in from the heat he first has to get X's permission to do so without being penalized. Oh,I forgot, he's an "independent contractor". The only true independence you have is found in the fact you can decide independently when you've had enough o friend being a contractor when it's in X's best interest and an employee when it's in X's best interest.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ever had the pleasure of a summer in the south?
Wut+_af4d4152d5058635ebe659e6979b61d7.jpg

Quick question. 100 degree's here, Stuck in a van with no a/c and manager says no a/c is not a safety issue. Is that true or do I have a leg to stand on if filing a complaint?

Our SM says for the mechanics not to pull vehicles to fix a/c because we need to keep costs down.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Quick question. 100 degree's here, Stuck in a van with no a/c and manager says no a/c is not a safety issue. Is that true or do I have a leg to stand on if filing a complaint?

Our SM says for the mechanics not to pull vehicles to fix a/c because we need to keep costs down.
Well if your SM's air conditioning in his office quits rest assured he will pay somebody to fix it.

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Let's assume you run 18 SPH on a nice day and 12 SPH on a hot day. Let's further assume that you have 108 stops (makes the math work easier for the point I am trying to make).

Are you saying that it would take you 3 more hours to complete the work on a hot day (12 * 9) than it would take you to do it on a nice day (18 * 6)?
Have you ever worked at ups/fedex in a hot humid climate where the heat index is 110 or so?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

With whom will you file a complaint?

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
A few years back, my route had another round of replacing the turn lanes and medians. I sat through 4 stoplights at 3 straight intersections while facing the blazing hot sun at 15:30, on my way to a 16:00 pickup. I damn near passed out. The customer was sorta freaked out when I got to his dock and nearly collapsed on his dock plate..oblivious to the searing it was doing to my ass and legs.

Good on him to recognize what was going on, and he brought me a big container of ice and water to fix me up. He said I was white as a ghost.