Keep Well Hydrated

HedleyLamarr

Learned the hard way about 3 weeks ago. I am located in the Southeast, and went out one evening in that old Dodge Sprinter with no A/C. Didn't take a drink with me, but bought a 20 oz bottle of Sunkist during my break. That's it. By the time I made it back to my station, I felt terrible. Splitting headache, dizzy, and nauseated. Lesson learned.

But honestly, we Fedex drivers have it easy. Most of our trucks have A/C; it's the UPS drivers that I feel sorry for.

But honestly, we Fedex drivers have it easy. Most of our trucks have A/C; it's the UPS drivers that I feel sorry for.

I'd be fine in a 700 with no air. You can open the passenger door and your window. I don't think management would like me taking the passenger door off the van.

Imagine the breeze you'd get then!

Sparky

Yeah but if you know both temp and humidity...

69290ee47a1c3d4c9a82ecd1e5ae5f7e.jpg

vantexan

Have you ever worked at ups/fedex in a hot humid climate where the heat index is 110 or so?
Worked in 125 degree heat one day in Bullhead City, AZ. Worked 2 summers in Eagle Pass, TX where they have what they call the 100 100's. That's at least 100 straight days every summer of 100+ degree heat. And it ain't AZ dry heat!

rodchesterdog1

Rockin 115 degrees in NorCal!!! I will gladly trade you for 90 and humidity... Week sauce!! Drank 1.5 gallons of water and 3 gatorades and only went wee wee 1 time in 10 hrs[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

bacha29

Anybody out there today in those tin coffins on wheels will have to rely on the newly patented "260" air conditioning...........2 doors open 60 mph. Highly effective.

Serf

Yes. Drink water BEFORE you are thirsty. However, we have these couple a rock star FO drivers who come in reeking of booze every morning. They get tuned up the night before playing beer league softball and hitting the bar post game. One of the CSA's was so impressed by this, (I think they are banging). She made a chart of annual production/performance as it pertains to being semi drunk/hungover and making service, in season. To being sober off season. Weather issues aside. Results are overwhelmingly clear. They are better when they are still lit up and ripping around town. Most likely with a BAC somewhere slightly under .08

bacha29

Yes. Drink water BEFORE you are thirsty. However, we have these couple a rock star FO drivers who come in reeking of booze every morning. They get tuned up the night before playing beer league softball and hitting the bar post game. One of the CSA's was so impressed by this, (I think they are banging). She made a chart of annual production/performance as it pertains to being semi drunk/hungover and making service, in season. To being sober off season. Weather issues aside. Results are overwhelmingly clear. They are better when they are still lit up and ripping around town. Most likely with a BAC somewhere slightly under .08
For they record. These guys are not alcoholics. They are sobriety challenged and not a single one of them is ever drunk. They're just comfortably numb. And in the trying times, I don't think that's asking for too much.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Worked in 125 degree heat one day in Bullhead City, AZ. Worked 2 summers in Eagle Pass, TX where they have what they call the 100 100's. That's at least 100 straight days every summer of 100+ degree heat. And it ain't AZ dry heat!

Our old Ford CTV tractors had a real problem with the heaters sticking on and the A/C not working. In other words, the fan blew hot air all the time. We were told that if we touched the heater valves it would be a terminable offense, and they were too cheap to fix the A/C. One driver brought a thermometer and it was 130 degrees in the cab.

So, we'd pull over a few blocks from the ramp, turn off the heater valve, and then stop and turn it back on before coming back to the ramp. It was still over 100 degrees due to engine heat and the 2/55 "A/C" solution.

Insane.