Keeping Cool in Big Metal Boxes.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'm just adding my experience... Some don't need that sugar rush as much as the next person. For me, I like that diluted mix & I'll be hydrating with regular water as well during my 12 hours of driving

Would that other product u mentioned work, sure!

And the other products brownslave mentioned as well

Swammy

It's getting that time of year for us Loaders.

How does one keep themselves cool while working in the these trucks when it's over 90+ degrees with high humidity?

Its not even 60 and I feel like I need to use cornstarch.

MayBe you guys Should Pimp your Ride with Side Vents & an Exhaust Fan In the Top of the Truck . I know how you guys Feel. I was In the roofing Supply Business for 16 yrs. & if you think its Hot in your Truck you should Try Delivering Shingles that weigh on average 84 lbs In the Sunshine State. I had two different jobs when working. It was either staying on the truck & loading the shingles onto the conveyor belt or being on the Roof where it was an extra 20+ Degrees hotter. Also had to wear a Safety Harness that had a Cable attached to it. There were at least to great things about that job. You got a Great Tan & you kept your weight down. Maybe you should try one of those cooling chamois cloths It was solid but when you wet it with water it would cool you down. My Boss gave us a few of them & they actually felt good. Once they got warm you just soak them in water again. Ice water was even better

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
All you do during summer us fill your cooler up with lots of water and gatorades. keep a wash rag in there and all day long long soak your rag in there and put your baseball cap in there and youll be good with the heat. Take mini lil brakes in ac when you can. You learn to deal with it. Id rather have 95 than 25 anyday of the week. Im a beach boy i love the heat lol.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Wow, necro-bumped thread!

Im enjoying the cool weather these days with NO SNOW! Still running around in shorts lol

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe there is something to this global warming thing after all if people are posting in January on a how to "keep cool in metal boxes" thread. Either that or this place has ran out of things to talk about.