keeping package car centered in lane

the old master

long time part timer, recently started driving saturday air. my supe's only real critique was that i tend to drift alittle to the right in my lane, and not exactly centered. any tips on how to fix this?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
You clearly were able to puke the DOK on demand and apply it on your road test otherwise you wouldn't even be behind the wheel, so the issue clearly isnt your fault.

Write in DVIR "Please do an alignment on wheels - vehicle pulls to right, thanks." This should correct the issue.

You should also be advised that supervision will always find issue with something. They have to. If they dont, they arent doing their job.

Cheers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
long time part timer, recently started driving saturday air. my supe's only real critique was that i tend to drift alittle to the right in my lane, and not exactly centered. any tips on how to fix this?
Don't look at your right hood fender.
Look down the road 8 -12 seconds in the lane in which you are driving.
The human driver tends to "move" the steering wheel towards where he/she is looking.
With experience and the above knowledge, you will stay centered in your lane.

Note: Some telephone/utility pole lean in towards the road and potholes tend to be on the right-hand side of the road.
These are good reasons to stay in the left-part or at least centered in your lane.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't look at your right hood fender.
Look down the road 8 -12 seconds in the lane in which you are driving.
The human driver tends to "move" the steering wheel towards where he/she is looking.
With experience and the above knowledge, you will stay centered in your lane.

Note: Some telephone/utility pole lean in towards the road and potholes tend to be on the right-hand side of the road.
These are good reasons to stay in the left-part or at least centered in your lane.

We have had several accidents where the package car drifted toward the right to the point where the right front tire got caught in the dirt, which then pulled the rest of the car off of the road.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Anyone who has ridden in the jump seat of a pc would know that it looks like the car is about to run off the right shoulder evening though the car is centered correctly. Also remember that the sup "has" to find something wrong. Lots of things are subjective.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In the old P-400's you were lucky to keep them between the ditches. Going straight down the road was impossible
I drove one one of my first years. Holy hell. The route had some brutal twisting roads too.

Drive 30-35 on a lot of 55 mph blacktop in that thing.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It hard to keep it in the center, what- with checking my cell and Diad and all.

Johney

Tips on how to drive straight down the road? Jesus man where do these people come from?