Keeping track of hours online?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by SunriseSorter, Dec 7, 2014.

1. SunriseSorter

SunriseSorter New Member

This is my first peak season and ive been working a lot of doubles and im trying to find an easy way to keep up with all my hours ive worked. I got onto UPSers and tried to see if there was a way to track hours on there but to no avail. Am I missing something? Or is there a better way?
  2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Write them down?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. SunriseSorter

SunriseSorter New Member

Thats typically what I do, but I was told there was a way to do it online. Just trying to explore my options and keep things easily organized.
  4. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

Get an app for your smart phone. I have an iPhone and I use an app called iTimeClock. It seems to do the trick just fine.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. bleedinbrown58

Because keeping track of them in your phone is just too complicated?
  6. browner89

browner89 Active Member

Pen and paper are tough to come by these days too!

I personally text my start/clock out time to a friend or coworker with a "ignore this" message, then write them down when I get home to keep a record. It's quick and easy unless your building has a no-cell phone policy or something like that. We don't have security so its a non-issue.
  7. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

I hate what this world has become......
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Can't you just text it to yourself?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. bleedinbrown58

Seriously....even a POS flip phone has a memo app...not that difficult. You know what it is? They can't do the math....12:00-8:45...well how many hours is that? ? I need an app to calculate it for me!!!'s not 8.45 either.
  10. markb82

markb82 New Member

8.75 ... do i get points? =D
  11. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Pencil and paper? Start Mon. 3:30 punch out 9:31. Start Tues 3:30 etc etc.
  12. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

You get no points. It's 20.75.

Hint: I know she meant 12:00 AM - 8:45 AM, but the way she wrote it was Noon - 08:45.
  13. bleedinbrown58

I meant it the way I wrote it. are correct!
  14. browner89

browner89 Active Member

I get an error when I try, using a galaxy s4.

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Your phone should have a note/memo app.....

CHALLY9TX Active Member

There are lots of apps out there that you can use to keep track of your hours worked and pay. You can input lunch/breaks and set the pay rate and overtime rate.
  17. browner89

browner89 Active Member

It's not really relevant what app or method you use, the point is that there are countless methods to keep track of your hours, which you 100% should do, THAT is a requirement as sups will try to steal time to make themselves look better.

How you do it doesn't matter as long as you do it accurately and consistently.

I listed the method I use, I don't see the point in responses like this.

Point was simply that it's VERY easy to keep track of your hours and you have absolutely no excuse not to and it is only one persons fault if you don't, your own.

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Responses like what? Responses for suggesting ways to keep track of hours after you stated you couldn't text to yourself? Seriously, why would you text your hours to someone when you can just put them in your phone.
  19. Number24

Number24 #24

UPSers doesn't show the times you've clocked in/out. It only shows your stubs and hours worked every [Thurs.] for me. When you punch in then punch out at the end of your shift (my hub uses a CPU) it should show how many hours you've worked for the day. Simply write down the hours it shows on the computer on your iPhone perhaps or Android mobile device or a pen and paper.
  20. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

That would be a loooonnnnnnggggg day!