Ken H to debate Fred Z

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Where I'm at, we have one doctors office that is contracted to do blood draws for Quest labs, but the blood is sent to Louisville to be processed and the results are sent back. If you are not a patient of this office, you sit and wait until they have free time in their schedule to draw your blood.

We have no US Imaging place close to me, (closest one is in Des Moines, 200 plus miles from where I'm at), so I am stuck paying the 20 percent copay.

4 years ago while under the UPS healthplan, I paid less than a 150 dollars for a 500 dollar pair of glasses, while last year, I paid over 450 dollars for a new pair of glasses, after eyemed paid their portion. And my prescription strength never changed, just new frames and lenses.

So my benefits changed, granted they still don't suck, but they are not as good as they once were.
@ezmoney5150 lives in the "big city" environment and was always on the "Central States C6 plan", so his insurance got better.
He doesn't care about your story.

10 point

Where I'm at, we have one doctors office that is contracted to do blood draws for Quest labs, but the blood is sent to Louisville to be processed and the results are sent back. If you are not a patient of this office, you sit and wait until they have free time in their schedule to draw your blood.

We have no US Imaging place close to me, (closest one is in Des Moines, 200 plus miles from where I'm at), so I am stuck paying the 20 percent copay.

4 years ago while under the UPS healthplan, I paid less than a 150 dollars for a 500 dollar pair of glasses, while last year, I paid over 450 dollars for a new pair of glasses, after eyemed paid their portion. And my prescription strength never changed, just new frames and lenses.

So my benefits changed, granted they still don't suck, but they are not as good as they once were.
You can't tell ezmoney anything that doesn't fit his agenda. Duck, dodge, weave and change the subject or ask more questions is his norm if you have a valid point that doesn't match his opinions.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I believe that the company was initially indifferent about healthcare, until they realized that the union wanted it.

I believe that the company wanted all employees in their plan, in order to purchase more coverage for a bigger group, or they wanted out.

Local autonomy was a disadvantage in this case, as some Locals and Regions have multi-employer HC funds, and they would be devastated without UPS contributions.

This is where the Teamsters lost a multitude of leverage at the bargaining table.

ezmoney5150

I believe that the company was initially indifferent about healthcare, until they realized that the union wanted it.

I believe that the company wanted all employees in their plan, in order to purchase more coverage for a bigger group, or they wanted out.

Local autonomy was a disadvantage in this case, as some Locals and Regions have multi-employer HC funds, and they would be devastated without UPS contributions.

This is where the Teamsters lost a multitude of leverage at the bargaining table.

Now here's something I do know about. With the healthcare issue and Obama care UPS wanted out of the Healthcare industry. They owned alot of Aetna. The only way they were staying in there was if you guys paid $100 a week. That was not acceptable. I agree.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I was a TDU supporter in the 90's because I was a young Steward without any experience. The more involved you are, the more you see the light.
Or the more you sell yourself to the Old Guard.

Are you corrupt too?

Seems you can't swing a monkey without hitting a H VP that isn't under investigation by the IRB?

10 point

Dodge the issue that your wife and children will be stripped of any healrh insurance coverage upon the day of your death if your services were subbed to an out of network provider anytime within 24 mo proceeding your death date.
Our old plan guaranteed my family at least 6 mo (at no cost to them) to have time to find other coverage.
That's "mirroring"? You should care about them first Mr Steward.

ezmoney5150

Or the more you sell yourself to the Old Guard.

Are you corrupt too?

Seems you can't swing a monkey without hitting a H VP that isn't under investigation by the IRB?

Corruption is everywhere. You think its a disease in the Teamsters, but its not. look at that CEO with the epipen. I think thats how you spell it. TDU's Ron Carey had MP get a boat from UPS. I guess that makes all TDU corrupt. According to you.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Corruption is everywhere. You think its a disease in the Teamsters, but its not. look at that CEO with the epipen. I think thats how you spell it. TDU's Ron Carey had MP get a boat from UPS. I guess that makes all TDU corrupt. According to you.
I don't care about epipen.

I care about the Teamster Union.

And you support, or are one of, the corrupt ones.

Makes me sick.

ezmoney5150

Typical of H loving OG members, you brag about yourselves at every opportunity.

Well according to you anyone involved is living on a Lobster diet and live in a half million dollar house. Well, ask my wife how much family stuff I missed to take care of feeder drivers. I was on the phone for over an hour with a member on Easter. Would you do that?

ezmoney5150

I don't care about epipen.

I care about the Teamster Union.

And you support, or are one of, the corrupt ones.

Makes me sick.

If you're referring to RA then if hes convicted good riddance. He's a Teamster. If you "Care about Teamsters" than you should consider him innocent till proven guilty. If UPS fired you you would want the same thing. But you care about Teamsters. Then support RA till he's had his day in court.

10 point

A good Union Steward cares about everyone else before Himself. Thats me.
Maybe if you actually honestly listened and tried to understand what other posters are saying you would get more respectful replies.
All you have done here tonite is remind us that you know everything and no one else's situation here matters.