Ketchup chips?

DS

Fenderbender
There's a few things that sell here in Canada that most Americans never see.
ketchup flavored potato chips for one.
I personally think they taste like crap,but they sell well here.
Shreddies cereal,...coffee crisp ,Mr. Big, Caramilk, Wunderbar, Aero....
swiss chalet sauce (great with chicken or ribs)

I was reading an article that said that our sodas(coke pepsi sprite) etc
taste better here because they use pure cane sugar instead of corn syrup fructose.
Our diet drinks also are made with different sweeteners that improve the taste.

The montreal smoked beef is to die for(literally if you eat too much)
I had moreluck send me rice chex cause we can't get them here.
Maybe this christmas we can exchange junk food we never see.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Pickled pork. My parents go to Gananoque for it. Why?

We get Wunderbar here, but being so close to the border, it's understandable.

Your beer is more potent. Labatt's Blue light here has 3.5 % alcohol. Over there, I think it 5%.

Vinegar on fries. Why?

taste better here because they use pure cane sugar instead of corn syrup fructose.

Are you Kleins cover driver?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I deliver to our local UPS Store. There is a very wealthy Canadian lady who rents a box there. One morning she had 4-5 large boxes sent NDA from Amazon. It was household goods. In one of the boxes was Pop Tarts. That's right, she ordered Pop Tarts and wanted them the next day.

Vinegar on fries only tastes good if the fries are homemade or natural fries. 3-4 Michigans and an order of homemade fries w/vinegar sounds good right about now.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

You left out Poutine.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You left out Poutine.
I was watching a show that had a snowboarder showing the TV host the canadian favorite, Poutine. The problem is, I thought Poutine was made with cheese curd. The stuff on the show looked like cottage cheese. I live in Milkland, USA. Actually NNY, with Great Lakes Cheeses' main production facility 10 miles away. They use to have a company store where you could get the cheese curd still warm. Oh My God, is that heaven. You can still get the fresh stuff on Monday's and Thursday's, but it's not that warm.
Cheese curd on fries with gravy? No, thanks. I just want my warm cheese curd, Thanks.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I In one of the boxes was Pop Tarts. That's right, she ordered Pop Tarts and wanted them the next day.
Now, that's rich.
Vinegar on fries only tastes good if the fries are homemade or natural fries. 3-4 Michigans and an order of homemade fries w/vinegar sounds good right about now.

On homemade or real fries, I agree. Clayton, A Bay, and Cape Vincent restaurants all offer cider vinegar with their fries. Only on real ones for me.
Poutine is gross.

upsgrunt

I deliver to our local UPS Store. There is a very wealthy Canadian lady who rents a box there. One morning she had 4-5 large boxes sent NDA from Amazon. It was household goods. In one of the boxes was Pop Tarts. That's right, she ordered Pop Tarts and wanted them the next day.

What are 3-4 Michigans; or do you mean Michelobs?

DS

Fenderbender
I disagree,try it on mcdonalds fries with lots of pepper.(no ketchup)I hate malt vinegar.
Poutine is really a Quebec thing,it has found it's way here over the past few years.
I have a place in my area that specializes in "gourmet" poutine (oxymoron?)
You can get it with brie or Camembert instead of curds.
Newfie fries are available in some places,fries with ground beef and gravy on them.

klein

Für Meno :)
Don't forget NY fries ! In every mall here... or Boston Pizza that doesn't exist in the US. Ofcourse Tim Hortons, huge here.
And btw, I kind of like ketchup chips :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't forget NY fries ! In every mall here... or Boston Pizza that doesn't exist in the US. Ofcourse Tim Hortons, huge here.
And btw, I kind of like ketchup chips :)

What the heck are NY fries? Are they fries with an attitude?

We have Tim Horton's here on our local college campus and are hoping to get one in our local airport as we get a lot of Canadian travelers.

klein

Für Meno :)
Called New York Fries (NY Fries for short). They are freshly made fries with the skin left on them.

And I forgot, KFC in the US only serves mash potatoes with their chicken. Here we only get fries with ours !
Not to forget, they also have delivery, unlike in Florida.
One thing else I noticed is you don't have the same phone numbers for every franschise, and you need to look up your local one.
Here for example, KFC number is 275-7575 or something like that. Pizza 73 is 473-7373, and so on.
And it don't matter which location you want the delivery from - that same number does it all (thru call center ).

moreluck

golden ticket member
Called New York Fries (NY Fries for short). They are freshly made fries with the skin left on them.

And I forgot, KFC in the US only serves mash potatoes with their chicken. Here we only get fries with ours !
Not to forget, they also have delivery, unlike in Florida.
One thing else I noticed is you don't have the same phone numbers for every franschise, and you need to look up your local one.
Here for example, KFC number is 275-7575 or something like that. Pizza 73 is 473-7373, and so on.
And it don't matter which location you want the delivery from - that same number does it all (thru call center ).

KFC has the best potato wedges ever !!!! Not just mashed.