keyless entry SUCKS

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
first, was it even tested??? 2 weeks in and i give the bulkhead around a 10 percent working as designed percentage ,and this week my ignition is getting more and more iffy,, whats the time allowance for untested ie crap???????????

Catatonic

Nine Lives
first, was it even tested??? 2 weeks in and i give the bulkhead around a 10 percent working as designed percentage ,and this week my ignition is getting more and more iffy,, whats the time allowance for untested ie crap???????????

It's automotive crap! LOL

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Just go down to the shop and request the spare set of keys. The original set is now locked in that little black box on the bulkhead. I'm kinda missing where this saves the company money. How is this $1,000 per car (this was the number I was told, not sure if its true) system more economical than a $1.95 brass key?

Indecisi0n

The drivers who hate keyless entry clearly don't know how to use it properly. It's a night and day difference compared to keys.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I have no opinion on it either way as it hasn't made me any faster or slower. The only thing I do know is that your first day with it, your heart will jump into your throat every time that bulkhead door closes and you don't have a set of keys on your fingers. :panicsmiley:

Indecisi0n

I have no opinion on it either way as it hasn't made me any faster or slower. The only thing I do know is that your first day with it, your heart will jump into your throat every time that bulkhead door closes and you don't have a set of keys on your fingers. :panicsmiley:

It saves time.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The drivers who hate keyless entry clearly don't know how to use it properly. It's a night and day difference compared to keys.

really,, so if i hold down the button for the bulkhead door and it doesnt open after 30 seconds and multiple attempts than it saves me time??? How about when i b!tch to the mechanics and they tell me none of the units are working correctly and its co. wide?? Then the mech tells me the signals so weak it doesnt transmit through the bulkhead, step into the back of the truck and hold the button, it works every time... Now, the ignition is starting to delay... Is it 'legal" to post a video of the delay? id be glad to show all here..

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Because yours works well for you, those who's malfunction (and there are many), they clearly don't know how to use it properly?
I'd like to know how you could possibly qualify this statement?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

0511-0809-0704-2252_Cartoon_of_a_Man_With_His_Foot_In_His_Mouth_clipart_image.jpg

Indecisi0n

really,, so if i hold down the button for the bulkhead door and it doesnt open after 30 seconds and multiple attempts than it saves me time??? How about when i b!tch to the mechanics and they tell me none of the units are working correctly and its co. wide?? Then the mech tells me the signals so weak it doesnt transmit through the bulkhead, step into the back of the truck and hold the button, it works every time... Now, the ignition is starting to delay... Is it 'legal" to post a video of the delay? id be glad to show all here..
Push hold button. If it doesn't pop then look at the ignition button. It should be blinking. Hit the red button to stop igition from blinking. Then push hold button again. There is no need to wait for it to time out.

Johney

This system is a massive waste of money. I would agree it's a great idea but don't buy the cheapest components available. It seems they are stepping over a dollar to pick up a nickel as usual. I will say this I have no problem with the tech...just for Christ's sake at least give us something that will last more than a week. I have to admit that's about all I get out of my "keyless system" at a time.

Indecisi0n

Because yours works well for you, those who's malfunction (and there are many), they clearly don't know how to use it properly?
I'd like to know how you could possibly qualify this statement?

I thought it would be common sense that if something was malfuncting it wouldn't save time.

For all the people without common sense. My statement applys to keyless entry's that work properly.

Indecisi0n

This system is a massive waste of money. I would agree it's a great idea but don't buy the cheapest components available. It seems they are stepping over a dollar to pick up a nickel as usual. I will say this I have no problem with the tech...just for Christ's sake at least give us something that will last more than a week. I have to admit that's about all I get out of my "keyless system" at a time.

Weird. We have like 25 keyless entry trucks and I have never once had one malfunction yet. Even the old trucks that had keyless forced in them even work good.

govols019

You smell that?
Our center has stopped installing the keyless system on older trucks due to the issues with it. When it works it's great but when it doesn't it's a pain in the butt.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I thought it would be common sense that if something was malfuncting it wouldn't save time.

For all the people without common sense. My statement applys to keyless entry's that work properly.

This is the umpteenth thread on this subject.
In many areas the RF frequencies that this system uses have proven to be saturated and ineffective.
Your area is one of the few that I have heard reporting sucess.
Consider yourself lucky.
In my building they suspended installation, thankfully before they got to my P700.
Your position is a bit insulting to those of us who have not enjoyed the sucess you have in your building.

Borderline 9.5

I've started to have a problem with my key less remote. When I shut the car off and press to open bulk head door nothing happens. I end up having to use the key. Eventually it starts to work again, but it's a pain when it doesn't work.

iowa boy

The retrofit units are the worst. All of our retrofit units will not unlock the rear door from the back of the truck. You have to be standing just outside the front doors for the back lock to work like it should. There are times when I can push the button for the bulk head and it will open from 20 feet away, and other times when it won't open standing in front of the bulkhead trying to get in the back.

I have found that a bungee cord on the back lock works wonders with the reception problems they have.

As for the keyless starting, some trucks the lights will flash the first time you push the button outside the truck, and others will not work when you are sitting in the seat.

Found out from our supplier of these units that they, of course, are made in a certain country overseas so that should say something about the quality of the product.