keyless entry SUCKS

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sorry to say it but we have minimal problems in my area. It's been ten months since instillation and the bugs work themselves out. Once they do it's smooth sailing. Whenever something is new its common for people to be very negitive but free your mind and embrace it because it's not going away.

I was not negative, I said its way cool. But it doesnt work flawlessly here as it has in some places. It wasnt about not willing to change, it was about it dont work half the time. yes the bugs are getting worked out, but we were not the bugs. Dont be sorry its working there be happy.

I never said you were????????

You implied it !!!!!!!!!

Where at? I offered my opinion and never implied anything about her post.

Sounds like an implication to me.

It was for everyone in general. I never quoted here post anywhere and my post was like 5 posts away from hers. Nice try though nancy.

407 has long been misunderstood by women.

bumped

I think why our keyless is working so much better than most everyones is that the manufacturer of the keyless helped install with the mechanics. The mechanics weren't just given the equipment and told to put it in.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm OK with the keyless but like all UPS technology, it's portrayed to be perfect and if it's not the time savings are negligible. If I'm in my seat or at the rear door clicking away to no avail then I get aggravated. Customers are impressed when I'm standing there looking at the back of my truck shrugging my shoulders. The nice part about trying to get the rear door open is by the time the back pops the bulkhead is open and I get a nice breeze flowing through.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I never said you were????????

Hello posters, I never thought 407 was being negative. I know change is hard for some, like the old guys when we went from paper to diad. You woulda thought the world was ending. I was merely saying I was not negative, I was happy. But it does not work flawlessly here yet, I am glad it does elsewhere. No fights here with me, it was my opinion, and no slander meant to anyone. oHave a nice night and bait elsewhere please.

I just asked a question and two knuckleheads answered for you. When they answered I asked again because I really never directed anything at you and wanted to clear this up. Whatever I'm moving on

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do not get where there was a problem. Im movin on too. there was no problem, I love 407, and if we disagree, we disagree, and its not the end of the world. We did not, we dont and good night all, and have a great weekend!

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Ok read the new campain for keyless last night. If your fob has a white sticker on the back the fob will be replaced, if it has a yellow sticker it will not, either way the control moduel will get reprogrammed. No you will have to take in consideration there are 13,000 plus units that will need to be done.

Johney

Ok read the new campain for keyless last night. If your fob has a white sticker on the back the fob will be replaced, if it has a yellow sticker it will not, either way the control moduel will get reprogrammed. No you will have to take in consideration there are 13,000 plus units that will need to be done.
I heard the same from our mechanics.

Big Babooba

Just go down to the shop and request the spare set of keys. The original set is now locked in that little black box on the bulkhead. I'm kinda missing where this saves the company money. How is this $1,000 per car (this was the number I was told, not sure if its true) system more economical than a $1.95 brass key?

Some automotive brainiac decided to mount the lock boxes on the driver's floor to the left of the pedals. The only way to access it is through the driver's door. No big deal right? WRONG!!! I have a problem with having my ass sticking out in traffic while I try to open the box! I brought my concerns to my mechanic's supervisor and to the safety committee to no avail.

iowa boy

Some automotive brainiac decided to mount the lock boxes on the driver's floor to the left of the pedals. The only way to access it is through the driver's door. No big deal right? WRONG!!! I have a problem with having my ass sticking out in traffic while I try to open the box! I brought my concerns to my mechanic's supervisor and to the safety committee to no avail.

We must have smart mechanics, as our lock boxes are mounted on the bulkhead above the passenger seat. :woohoo:

Ghost in the Darkness

I liked the keyless entry at first and it is faster most of the time. I didn't do the key in the door thing before or leave the bulkhead open, I just became quick at getting the key in the lock fast. So for me the keyfab usually is faster. However, after having the keyless entry for a month or so I have problems at times turning on the ignition button with the keyfab and also opening the bulkhead. I'd say 20-30 times a day the ignition button doesn't turn on when activated. Range should not be an issue in either case as I am standing right in front of either the bulkhead or the dashboard. I don't know if its a faulty keyfab or battery but it doesn't happen all the time. Its not the duration of how long I push the button because I don't change technique after knowing how it works. In fact sometimes the tap to turn on the ignition actually opens the bulkhead, and the longer hold/release to open the bulkhead does nothing. It does get annoying, but after putting up with as much bs as we do I'm fine with it wasting time. The company thinks we are idiots then fine I will take their time wasting approach every time as it only pads my wallet. Its just another thing like the one stop 6 miles off your route that they left in EDD. Fine, I won't say a word and deliver it. I have no problem making money off stupidity... and if there is enough stupidity they can pay me 9.5 grievances too.

rocket man

I like it i just wish they would put a devise where you didnt need the (Fob? or remote button. the back roll up door lock is the biggest problem i know first hand shoulder and tendens in my arm

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I like it i just wish they would put a devise where you didnt need the (Fob? or remote button. the back roll up door lock is the biggest problem i know first hand shoulder and tendens in my arm

Thats another thing im starting to notice, im on dirt roads and it seems the dust from the roads or the pure filth from the inside of the PC is getting on the sliding compression rod that springs the bulkhead open, making it only open half-way and making it much harder to slide shut

rod

Retired 22 years
Thats another thing im starting to notice, im on dirt roads and it seems the dust from the roads or the pure filth from the inside of the PC is getting on the sliding compression rod that springs the bulkhead open, making it only open half-way and making it much harder to slide shut

Sounds like once again something has been designed by someone sitting behind a desk in a nice 70 degree environment who has absolutely no clue how things work in the real world. All they know is that their desk drawers have never gotten sticky or failed to work because of dirt and grime from road dust so why should yours.