Keyless entry

brownelf

we're scheduled for keyless this summer, was told a few weeks ago DIAD V was coming this summer with it but that has been delayed a few months.

iowa boy

I cant wait to see this installed on one of our 1987 model year package cars. Might actually make driving one of the those just a little easier.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I cant wait to see this installed on one of our 1987 model year package cars. Might actually make driving one of the those just a little easier.

We are going to upgrade you to a 1988 model..only the best vehicles will be used for our new technology.

iowa boy

We are going to upgrade you to a 1988 model..only the best vehicles will be used for our new technology.

Slow down don't want to get my hopes dashed all at once you know.:happy-very:

The new FOB system will be worth more than the whole truck!!

This is true, I would be more afraid to lose the FOB than I would the truck. Either way I would get fired, but I would write a check for 20 bucks to pay for the truck, I would
lose my entire last check for the damn key FOB.:biting:

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
This company never ceases to amaze with the amount of bonehead ideas. I can almost NEVER get my bulkhead door open at my first stop because all 600 pieces are smashed up against it! How are they over-riding the neutral safety switches on the standard transmissions? My hub has about 6 automatics out of over 400 package cars...

Big Babooba

Slow down don't want to get my hopes dashed all at once you know.:happy-very:

This is true, I would be more afraid to lose the FOB than I would the truck. Either way I would get fired, but I would write a check for 20 bucks to pay for the truck, I would
lose my entire last check for the damn key FOB.:biting:
I have keyless entry/start on my car. It's great! the fob never leaves my pocket. Walk up to the car and touch the door handle and it unlocks. Step on the brake pedal and push the button - it starts. Push the button again and the engine stops. Get out and walk away, you hear a beep beep, the doors lock and the alarm arms. There is an emergency key in the fob that can be used if it fails.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Step on the brake pedal and push the button - it starts. Push the button again and the engine stops..
Will the car start without stepping on the brake first? I have developed a routine since we have had automatics where I start the car as I am getting into the seat, then throw on the seat belt as I am dropping it into drive.

Will the bulkhead unlock if the car is still running but is in the parking gear? Like at a stop where one needs to make a fast getaway...for example: on a two lane 60mph highway where the only place to stop the car for a delivery involves blocking the travel lane..

bumped

Will the car start without stepping on the brake first? I have developed a routine since we have had automatics where I start the car as I am getting into the seat, then throw on the seat belt as I am dropping it into drive.

I don't have an automatic, but with a manual you don't have to step on the brake.

Will the bulkhead unlock if the car is still running but is in the parking gear? Like at a stop where one needs to make a fast getaway...for example: on a two lane 60mph highway where the only place to stop the car for a delivery involves blocking the travel lane..

Holding the button down on the FOB will open the bulkhead door at any time. You could be driving on the highway and if you FOB is held in by your seat belt the door will open.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Just what does FOB stand for?
Where I come from it used to mean "Fresh Off the Boat" and was used in reference to the mass influx of Chinese immigrants from Hong Kong and Taiwan in the early '80s. And I believe it was also used in the early '60s in reference to the mass influx of Cuban immigrants :wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always thought it meant freight on board or free on board. For Dog the bounty hunter, it means free on bond!!

"Accountants report a merchandiser’s and a manufacturer’s revenues when a sale is made. The term, FOB Shipping Point, indicates that the sale occurred at the shipping point—at the seller’s shipping dock. FOB Destination indicates that the sale will occur when it arrives at the destination—at the buyer’s receiving dock.
Accountants also assume that the cost of transporting the goods corresponds to these terms. If the sale occurred at the shipping point (seller’s shipping dock), then the buyer should take responsibility for the cost of transporting the goods. (The buyer will record this cost as Freight-In or Transportation-In.) If the sale doesn’t occur until the goods reach the destination (terms are FOB Destination), then the seller should be responsible for transporting the goods until they reach the buyer’s unloading dock. (The seller will record the transportation cost as Freight-Out, Transportation-Out, or Delivery Expense.)"

flht

We have been keyless for over a year and I no of no one needing a battery yet. I love the system. Supposed to save 6 minutes a day. Yea!