Keys?????

over9five

Staff member
"The keys provide a relationship that is outside the boundaries of a normal business relationship for our line of work."

Exactly correct (and well said!). The company does not ask us to carry customers keys. WHY would we leave the company and ourselves open to liability? It doesn't matter whether or not the company has to defend us. They won't have to if we do not open ourselves up to the possibility of this kind of liability.

"Your center manager clearly does not feel comfortable with this relationship."

He made this very obvious. Get rid of the keys. It's not part of your job.

A

Anonymous Floater

Sorry guys! Being a floater and on a different trip every day of the week,
no heroics for me. No keys, no electronic gates codes, no apt. building
passwords. Slap a SDN on the front door and see ya' tomorrow. The day
UPS stuck me w/ 180 stops on a trip that used to be 130-140 was the day
service above and beyond the call of duty stopped too.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Being a floater and on a different trip every day of the week

Slap a SDN on the front door and see ya' tomorrow

Yeppers, slap a DN on the door, "service" cross on the package and let the regular driver get it whenever. That is what makes following guys like you so much fun. Ya dont even try, and you use being over dispatched as an excuse for poor behavior.

Sorry, your excuse dont fly with me.

d

trickpony1

danny,
as you know, I haven't been in package in a number of years but I am inclined to agree with him.
The cemetery is full of hero's. I don't intend to be one.
I haven't seen any bronze statues of those who have retired, hero or not, outside the gate, hence my point.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
No hero, just someone that hates to have the same packages on the truck day after day.

There are drivers that cover areas that do nothing different than the regular driver. Maybe have 1 or 2 send agains. But then there are those that will not go out of their way one bit to get one delivered and will have 5-10 on the same route. And as he posted, it is no big deal since he is not on that route the next day, hell let someone else deal with it. Its their problem, not his. Hell, now the driver the next day has 190 instead of the 180 he should have had.

So no hero at all, its called take care of the driver that has to follow you the next day. Its called working together. Its called personal pride. Its a shame people have lost it and use the dispatch as an excuse. Personal pride cant be taken away, only given. And it sounds like he gave his cheaply.

d