King For a Day

Integrity

Binge Poster
$32/hr---full benefits with low or no co-pays---industry leading pension---yeah, they really treat us like garbage, don't they?
UpstateNYUPSer,

Financial compensation, health and pension benefits and don't forget excellent vacation benefits, is a fair measure of how a company compensates it's employees.

Other than the starting wage for part-time workers, UPS is very fair in how it compensates it's employees. That is my opinion.

Unfortunately compensation has very little to do with how a company treats it's employees from a dignity and respect perspective.

In my experience the local management are virtually a failure in treating employees with dignity and respect.

I have met very few local management who treat employees with Integrity in this area.

Sincerely,
I

curiousbrain

I'd fire everyone in the entire company, so then I could rebuild it the right way and show everyone why I know better.

edit: Except the technology guys, because someone has to run the servers, systems, databases, and other things which help customers.

edit 2: And the drivers, because someone has to deliver the packages.

edit 3: And the managers, because someone has to make the hard choices between service and profitability.

edit 4: And the part-time soups, because someone has to be accountable for missing "the numbers."

edit 5: And the part-time hourlies, because someone has to move cardboard.

edit 6: And the ....

edit 7: And menotyou, because someone has to dance on the desk.

edit 8: And Upstate, because someone has to tell me why I'm wrong.

edit 9: And 407, to fight with Upstate.

edit 10: ...

Wait, what was the question again?

gostillerz

$32/hr---full benefits with low or no co-pays---industry leading pension---yeah, they really treat us like garbage, don't they?

One day last month, I called in to see if they need me to drive that day. They said no, so I go about my day. When I got home, I have voicemails threatening me with termination if I don't report to work. Also, some oncars AND the center manager actually came to my house looking for me 3 times that day.

Yeah, they really do treat me like garbage. Definitely worth the $9000 I made last year.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
So you are trying to make me feel sorry for you because you are in management and you have a little pee pee. I'm pretty sure most of them have a little one thats why they went into management so they could finally feel big.
You can say I'm trying to give you male enhancement pills but my guess is you have already tried them thats why you bought it up.

as opposed to being just another mindless cog in the wheel?

gostillerz

as opposed to being just another mindless cog in the wheel?

Do you mean like when the division manager blames your center manager for being 0.84 over allowed on misloads for preload, then the center manager blames you for preload being 2.25 over allowed on misloads, then you harass the loaders for being 5.35 over allowed on misloads?

Here's the thing. We went almost a year without a "part time boss man". The trucks still got loaded on time, misloads were about the same. If 40 people can do a basically simple job without "supervision", why are you necessary? UPS pays you to raid the vending machine, hang out, whine about people you don't like, and check off things on random lists.

You have absolutely no authority. You're paid to eat Doritos and tell people to work faster. The "cog" as you put it, is you.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
UpstateNYUPSer,

Financial compensation, health and pension benefits and don't forget excellent vacation benefits, is a fair measure of how a company compensates it's employees.

Other than the starting wage for part-time workers, UPS is very fair in how it compensates it's employees. That is my opinion.

Unfortunately compensation has very little to do with how a company treats it's employees from a dignity and respect perspective.

In my experience the local management are virtually a failure in treating employees with dignity and respect.

I have met very few local management who treat employees with Integrity in this area.

Sincerely,
I

My point exactly. It does not have to be the way it is. It is a slow poison that will be the downfall of the company.

stink219

I don't know about that. I worked for 2 others before this and they all seem to be the same. The bigger they are the worse off the employees are treated.

I partially agree, but They? THEY, didn't GIVE that to you. That was negotiated. My health benefits card and pension says Teamsters not UPS. They pay well, but treat us like garbage.

stink219

One day last month, I called in to see if they need me to drive that day. They said no, so I go about my day. When I got home, I have voicemails threatening me with termination if I don't report to work. Also, some oncars AND the center manager actually came to my house looking for me 3 times that day.

Yeah, they really do treat me like garbage. Definitely worth the $9000 I made last year.
Why did you only make 9000?

curiousbrain

Btw, I think Apple was voted as best place to work. I deliver to one. They love it there.

That's because they are paid for mental labor, not physical labor - like the majority of UPS employees on this forum.

Think about what that means. If you see what I see, then of course they love it there.