Knee Surgery

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by l22, Sep 4, 2015.

1. l22

l22 Active Member

It seems like everyone I work with who has over 20 years has problems with their knees. Some are getting knee surgery, some have already gotten it, and others just complain of the pain and tell me the job is much harder on the body as you get older. For veteran couriers out there does the job really start to hurt the knees after a while?

2. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

If you do the job for 20 years there's about a 100% chance you'll have back, knee or shoulder problems.

3. soc151

soc151 Member

...which is why no one should stay at Ground for over 5 years.

4. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Yes. I have seen very few people who've worked over ten years at FedEx who don't have some kind of problem. My knees aren't so great either.

5. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

GOYKS

6. Operational needs

LMAO!

PS. You don't need the S. :)

7. They look pretty good to me.:p

8. Operational needs

They look hot. They just don't feel so hot on the inside. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Vital to the joke

10. Operational needs

Did Big D make it where he was going?

11. Don't know.

12. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Was it hell? Because that's where I told him to Go

13. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

My upper arms and shoulders crack and hurt constantly. From putting on seat belts to opening the truck door has really jacked up my arms. My husband has to take off my bra because my arms are so messed up. Help me figure out a way for Fedex to pay for this.

14. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

You can file workers comp claims up to 3 years after employment ends, this time limit may vary by state. It doesn't have to be a specific incident to get comp, repetitive stress is legitimate for comp. You'll likely need a lawyer though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Get a lawyer who specializes in work related injuries.

16. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

I'm sure there had to have been a big spike in work related injuries when someone got greedy and raised the package weight limits to 150 lbs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

I'm 4 years away from 20 and my shoulder already has me wondering if I'm going to make another 10.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  18. Operational needs

When was it raised? I'm at 25+ and as long as I've been here it has always been 150.

19. El Morado Diablo

El Morado Diablo Active Member

It's gotten worse since Amazon became such a dominant shipper. Nothing I hate more than slugging those 100+ lb rolled up mattresses or put-together pieces of furniture up buildings with no elevators and multiple flights of stairs. Prior to Amazon people wouldn't order that stuff online due to the real cost of shipping it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

I don't lift anything over 75lbs by myself. If the sta won't send someone out to meet me at the stop, the customer had better help or they're not getting their delivery.