Knee Surgery

l22

It seems like everyone I work with who has over 20 years has problems with their knees. Some are getting knee surgery, some have already gotten it, and others just complain of the pain and tell me the job is much harder on the body as you get older. For veteran couriers out there does the job really start to hurt the knees after a while?

It will be fine

It seems like everyone I work with who has over 20 years has problems with their knees. Some are getting knee surgery, some have already gotten it, and others just complain of the pain and tell me the job is much harder on the body as you get older. For veteran couriers out there does the job really start to hurt the knees after a while?
If you do the job for 20 years there's about a 100% chance you'll have back, knee or shoulder problems.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Yes. I have seen very few people who've worked over ten years at FedEx who don't have some kind of problem. My knees aren't so great either.

Goldilocks

My upper arms and shoulders crack and hurt constantly. From putting on seat belts to opening the truck door has really jacked up my arms. My husband has to take off my bra because my arms are so messed up. Help me figure out a way for Fedex to pay for this.

It will be fine

My upper arms and shoulders crack and hurt constantly. From putting on seat belts to opening the truck door has really jacked up my arms. My husband has to take off my bra because my arms are so messed up. Help me figure out a way for Fedex to pay for this.
You can file workers comp claims up to 3 years after employment ends, this time limit may vary by state. It doesn't have to be a specific incident to get comp, repetitive stress is legitimate for comp. You'll likely need a lawyer though.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Get a lawyer who specializes in work related injuries.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm sure there had to have been a big spike in work related injuries when someone got greedy and raised the package weight limits to 150 lbs.

El Morado Diablo

I'm sure there had to have been a big spike in work related injuries when someone got greedy and raised the package weight limits to 150 lbs.

It's gotten worse since Amazon became such a dominant shipper. Nothing I hate more than slugging those 100+ lb rolled up mattresses or put-together pieces of furniture up buildings with no elevators and multiple flights of stairs. Prior to Amazon people wouldn't order that stuff online due to the real cost of shipping it.

dezguy

It's gotten worse since Amazon became such a dominant shipper. Nothing I hate more than slugging those 100+ lb rolled up mattresses or put-together pieces of furniture up buildings with no elevators and multiple flights of stairs. Prior to Amazon people wouldn't order that stuff online due to the real cost of shipping it.
I don't lift anything over 75lbs by myself. If the sta won't send someone out to meet me at the stop, the customer had better help or they're not getting their delivery.